Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Asus P5E northbridge water cooling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 09:02:01    Post Subject: Asus P5E northbridge water cooling Reply with quote View Single Post

I haven't bought this board yet, but am planning on picking one up soon. I want to watercool the cpu and nb. Does anyone who owns this board know-

Do I have to remove the entire air cooling, heatpipe system in order to get a waterblock on the nb, or can I just remove that one heatsink?

If I have to take everything off, what other cooling solutions do I use, for sb, and other stuff?

thx,
df

G-Skill F2800, PC2 8500, 2 x 2G
EVGA 8800GTS(@600, 902)
Corsair TX750
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:27:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't own the board, but by looking at the pics of it, all the factory coolers are heatpipe and connected to each other and everything would have to be removed to cool the NB with water.

Thermalright makes replacement coolers for most of the other components that you don't plan on water cooling, but that's going to get real expensive real quick.

[-erick-]
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 01:59:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

when you remove the nb, sb heatsink will be remove (check if the heat pipe can be detached - if so then you don't need to remove the sb completely) but if its one big massive connection (like the commando) it continues to the mosfet blocks.

You'll need mosfet water blocks (2)
Sb and NB waterblocks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: