Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Sapphire Toxic Radeon HD4870 512MB Graphics Card
http://www.bigbruin.com/2008/toxic4870_1
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenGpu
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 02:37:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big B wrote:
Well it installed and the CP says it at 58C that is no OC as i do not OC so 58C i guess is good if the one you tested were in the 80's

Yeah, but what is the temp under heavy load?

That is the real question, if idle is like 58 degrees Celsius, under a heavy load what can we expect?

B/c I know the VCT is good, but what I don't know is how much better than reference is this particular one w/ the black shroud and the 1gb of vram...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FrozenGpu
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 02:39:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Also, when can we expect a VCT of the 4870x2?

Surely Sapphire isn't forgetting that bad boy???
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 17:50:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Frozen,

I used that GPU-Z program and the highest temp under a load of 56% while playing TF2 was 85C

That's playing on a 24 inch,8AA and 8AF and a nice FPS of 50 to 120 .
FrozenGpu
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:05:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok now that's pretty sweet, not to bad, I wonder how loud though?

What fan speed are you running it at 100%, 75%, 50%, 30%?

I still have a G92 core 8800gts, and it is pretty hot, in my system, Matx [temp build], so I have to run it at 100%, overkill I know but I like to keep it cool.

I used riva tuner to get that fanspeed, I don't remember if gpu-z let's you do that. It's been a while since I've had to check just the core clock/mem speed, or even to confirm what gpu I'm working with.
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:23:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Fan is set at stock speed and this cooler increases the speed of fan when needed.While gaming there is times where you hear the fan go pretty high in RPM i would bet around 70% or so.Once i got all the video settings in the Control panel and everything this card seems to be good. It hold me over till the 4870x2 come down in price or the Next Gen, of cards be out. But i have to get it a 7.5 out of 10 right now.
Mainly due to the drivers but guess that ATI,

The IQ is much better then the 8800GTS, i would say. Pretty good for 300 buck upgrade I say.
FrozenGpu
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 01:05:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big B wrote:
Fan is set at stock speed and this cooler increases the speed of fan when needed.While gaming there is times where you hear the fan go pretty high in RPM i would bet around 70% or so.Once i got all the video settings in the Control panel and everything this card seems to be good. It hold me over till the 4870x2 come down in price or the Next Gen, of cards be out. But i have to get it a 7.5 out of 10 right now.
Mainly due to the drivers but guess that ATI,

The IQ is much better then the 8800GTS, i would say. Pretty good for 300 buck upgrade I say.
[B]

What do you mean by IQ?
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 16:11:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Image quality
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: