Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
My new cellphone ringtone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:11:15    Post Subject: My new cellphone ringtone Reply with quote View Single Post

I whipped this one up from a couple sounds I found on the internet.

Dive! Dive! Dive!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/79089/sonar-klaxon-ringtone.mp3

Beta testing Dropbox, so far it's pretty cool.

Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:41:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Did you ever see the Enemy Below, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050356/ ? Check that one out and then watch Das Boot. The second one, Das Boot, is an epic of a film and really shows life on a german u-boat. My only problem with DB is that the ending is so very sad. You wanted to see more happen to give them a better ending than what they received and it just isn't meant to be.

If you want some excellent gaming, submarine style, get Silent Hunter 3 or 4. I think 3 is better and has more mods. There's a super-mod in fact called the Grey Wolves and the supermod is up to version 2.1 which is impressive. Of course, the download of the 2.0 ver and the patch to get to 2.1 may take you a couple days. It'sworth it though. You'll get more audio, tweaks for realism and authentic sounds and music. My only beef about SH3+GW2.1 is that the diving sounds aren't a little more random. I would have appreciated diving to a set of about 6 to 10 tracks but instead it's a single dive track/wave and as a result, each time you dive, it's the same squeaky hatch, the same shuffle and the same whispering. Even so, a very good good game.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 06:02:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
Did you ever see the Enemy Below, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050356/ ? Check that one out and then watch Das Boot. The second one, Das Boot, is an epic of a film and really shows life on a german u-boat. My only problem with DB is that the ending is so very sad. You wanted to see more happen to give them a better ending than what they received and it just isn't meant to be.

If you want some excellent gaming, submarine style, get Silent Hunter 3 or 4. I think 3 is better and has more mods. There's a super-mod in fact called the Grey Wolves and the supermod is up to version 2.1 which is impressive. Of course, the download of the 2.0 ver and the patch to get to 2.1 may take you a couple days. It'sworth it though. You'll get more audio, tweaks for realism and authentic sounds and music. My only beef about SH3+GW2.1 is that the diving sounds aren't a little more random. I would have appreciated diving to a set of about 6 to 10 tracks but instead it's a single dive track/wave and as a result, each time you dive, it's the same squeaky hatch, the same shuffle and the same whispering. Even so, a very good good game.

wait, you mean 'das boot' is more than a giant glass boot that you drink beer out of? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: