Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Moneual MonCaso 972S Home Theater PC Case
Moneual MonCaso 972S HTPC Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 06:43:41    Post Subject: Moneual MonCaso 972S Home Theater PC Case Reply with quote View Single Post

The MonCaso 972S is something like an all-in-one solution for those looking to build a highly function, extremely attractive HTPC. You not only get a great case with plenty of top-notch features, but you also get a multi-function remote control and an integrated seven inch touchscreen to make interacting with your system enjoyable and convenient. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Donald
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:55:50    Post Subject: moneual moncaso 972 Reply with quote View Single Post

Did I miss something? Where are the audio outputs? I assume one needs an audio card of some kind. How does the front volume control whatever sound device is installed?
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:09:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nope, you didn't miss anything. This is just the Home Theater PC case. When I checked out the link, they had pics of the back of the case, and it looks like the sound would come from the on-board sound from the PC motherboard.

That said, this is just the CASE. No motherboard included. So the price of $499 is for the super quiet case (important for a home theater PC) and the 7 inch touch screen! I'm looking for a home theater PC case, but I don't need a touch screen, so this one is out. The associated item at the bottom of the article showed a different case at newegg for just over $100. That is more inline with what I am looking for.

Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:40:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am looking for a box to load 900 CDs worth of MP3 and be able to easily play them on a home audio system. With a decent sound card on a basic mobo and LARGE HD this system is pretty much self-contained. Just what I need. Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:46:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The case comes with the screen, remote, and software... The software interfaces with whatever sound solution you use (onboard or add-in card). I didn't take a picture of it, but check this one out for a better understanding of how the volume control interface can be programmed...

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Moneual_MONCASO_972/Screen2.JPG

From this review:

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Moneual_MONCASO_972/index.shtml
PaulC
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:22:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quick comment on the review: I'm guessing the 24-pin power cable extension is probably not purely for power. I'm guessing they want access to the PS_ON (power supply on) signal, so that the PC can be turned on via IR command, and +5VSB (5V standby) to keep the IR receiver constantly powered, for the same reason.

-- Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: