Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Intel E8400 Retail - $149.99 at MicroCenter
No Rebates, No Nonsense
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:35:56    Post Subject: Intel E8400 Retail - $149.99 at MicroCenter Reply with quote View Single Post

Going along with this info on price drops, I see they are happening already...

$149.99 at MicroCenter

No rebates, no nonsense.

Yikes
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:19:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thanks to Intel...my E8400 might have a total of 100 hours of use and already a $50 decrease.

Bang Head Bang Head
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:48:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
thanks to Intel...my E8400 might have a total of 100 hours of use and already a $50 decrease.

Bang Head Bang Head

Laughing Welcome to technology. Now bend over!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:45:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got one of these and it was my first trip to this (or any) Micro Center. Wow! Way nicer than anything I had ever been too... Puts Best Buy, CompUSA, and others to shame with ease. Tons of stuff, from monitors and laptops, to a much larger component section than I would have imagined. Tons of motherboards, cases, power supplies, coolers, etc... Even a wall filled with reels of water cooling tubing, mesh for sleeving cables, and other modding gear.

Alot of the prices seemed higher than online elsewhere, but their own online prices and flyer specials made them competitive with anything you'd see at Newegg or elsewhere.

Big brands too... Thermaltake, OCZ, Antec, Cooler Master, Corsair, etc...

Will definitely be going back, especially since it is in an economic development zone. All that means is sales tax is 1/2 what it is elsewhere in the state (3.5% vs 7.0%).
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:42:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
I got one of these and it was my first trip to this (or any) Micro Center. Wow! Way nicer than anything I had ever been too... Puts Best Buy, CompUSA, and others to shame with ease. Tons of stuff, from monitors and laptops, to a much larger component section than I would have imagined. Tons of motherboards, cases, power supplies, coolers, etc... Even a wall filled with reels of water cooling tubing, mesh for sleeving cables, and other modding gear.

Alot of the prices seemed higher than online elsewhere, but their own online prices and flyer specials made them competitive with anything you'd see at Newegg or elsewhere.

Big brands too... Thermaltake, OCZ, Antec, Cooler Master, Corsair, etc...

Will definitely be going back, especially since it is in an economic development zone. All that means is sales tax is 1/2 what it is elsewhere in the state (3.5% vs 7.0%).

Yea, Microcenter has always had a big selection, but are normally more expensive. I remember a long time ago (late 90's) I got a letter in the mail about something I guess they were doing to screw customers and there was a class action law suit against them. I got like $20 off a computer class Laughing

We have one in Denver, never been though. Since I don't get charged any Sales tax from NE & Others, I almost always buy from them.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:37:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, with Newegg charging me 7% tax since they opened a warehouse in NJ, and the shipping rates not being as sweet as they used to be (remember when just about everything shipped for free?), this place has an extra edge with 3.5% tax and local pick up.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:09:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Well, with Newegg charging me 7% tax since they opened a warehouse in NJ, and the shipping rates not being as sweet as they used to be (remember when just about everything shipped for free?), this place has an extra edge with 3.5% tax and local pick up.

Yep, I get that! If I had something that was even close enough to NE's pricing but a local pickup, I'd be all over them like white on rice.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: