Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
eVGA 790i SLI Ultra Motherboard
Who to trust?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:19:10    Post Subject: eVGA 790i SLI Ultra Motherboard Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I am loving this motherboard. I put in a Intel E8400 (3.0Ghz 6M cache) and easily put the FSB to 1800mhz which is roughly 4.0Ghz. I also put my OCZ Reaper kit (DDR3 1333mhz 6-5-5-18 ) at 1600mhz with auto timings (8-8-8-30). Keep in mind I have the rig setup in my own 'tech station', ie - not installed in a case, plenty of airflow.

All of this was super easy to achieve, but I have not done a ton of stability testing yet. Why you ask?.....

Because running OCCT stops after a minute or so due to CPU overheating (70c). HWMonitor also showed the same core temps as OCCT.

I got roughly the same temps at stock as I did with a 1000mhz OC. With load temps would still go over 70c. I used the Intel cooler, and Kingwin KA-XXXX with AS5 (thin line down the middle), both about the same temps for the cores.

Right now, I am on a mild OC, 400x9=3.6Ghz and still 1600mhz on the RAM. The image below shows the different temps with all temp programs known to me. (I did not calibrate real temp yet). Bios says CPU temp is around 36c.

So which is right? or at least closest?

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:47:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just noticed this thread today... WTF

Did you figure anything out? I'm guessing the board agrees with the high temps, but I don't believe they are right. Any newer BIOSes available?
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:31:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Images were with latest BIOS.

I know for a fact the voltage readings are way off. Tested with a FLUKE MM which should be very accurate.

I believe none of the temperature readings. Just want to find out which one is closest that I can trust.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: