Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
I.E. 6.0 lags
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:12:38    Post Subject: I.E. 6.0 lags Reply with quote View Single Post

Last few days I have the annoyance of Internet Explorer being kinda slow in a few areas... First, if I try to copy text using the mouse, the screen doesn't react to my mouse movement until a noticeable time later... Second, if I switch windows from any other application to Internet Explorer (when IE is open, but behind the other application), the text and images are slow to populate the screen...

WTF?!? Any ideas? This doesn't happen with any other application, including anything else from MS, and it doesn't happen while surfing with Netscape 7.1...

Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:43:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry, I'm no help here!
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:03:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had that problem for quite awhile adn couldnt figure it out, everything else was opening fine even netscape, and there were sites I could open with IE, but then IE would have and error adn shut down. I finally ended up doing a complete reistall. It sucked but it solved the problem.
ohl
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:52:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It almost sounds like you have a corrupted .ocx file. Have you had any system or browser crashes lately?

Go to your windows directory and look in your \downloaded programs directory. Take all the files in there and zip them into one package and say name it savedocx.zip after you zip them delete the programs you zipped. But KEEP the zip file. Now you will have to download the new .ocx files i.e. shockwave and any others but that is a major cause of browser lag and crashes.

Also dump your cookies and internet temp files will help also.

Ohl
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:23:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the ideas, but its too late... Did a format and re-installed a week or two ago. The IE error is fixed, now something isn't quite right on my network... But, this problem is far less annoying than the last one, so I am going to leave it alone!! Bang Head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: