Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New(used) toy..
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 13:10:59    Post Subject: New(used) toy.. Reply with quote View Single Post

A friend of mine owed me a little money that I let her borrow to get her feet back on the ground after moving back. She decided to move back again to where she was and couldn't afford to pay me back($100 she owed yet) - so she offered up her snubnose revolver in trade.

New addition to the family. An older production Rossi(Interarms Import) Model 68 38spl.

It has it's signs of wear.. ...little bit of bluing wear and scratches. But shoots good and gives me a winter project. Gonna strip the bluing, polish and buff the steel, then reblue it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:29:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For $5.00 I'll read your palm Wink Grin

p.s. nice toy Smile
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:06:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very nice! If you are on the market to sell it, I have a buddy that's looking for a revolver to keep at home (doesn't want his wife to have to deal with an auto in case of a jam or something).
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 18:38:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OOOOHH! nice old untraceable pistol, At least it was untraceable until you told us about it. Grin

I read an interesting article that compared the number of guns per citizen. The lower 48 averaged 1 per citizen and Alaska averaged 4 or 5 per resident. Must be my neighbor because I've only got the 2 or 3 or.......................scratch that, NONE. Wink Never mind the freshly dug holes in my back yard, it was just the dog burying her bones.

*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 19:31:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
OOOOHH! nice old untraceable pistol, At least it was untraceable until you told us about it. Grin

I read an interesting article that compared the number of guns per citizen. The lower 48 averaged 1 per citizen and Alaska averaged 4 or 5 per resident. Must be my neighbor because I've only got the 2 or 3 or.......................scratch that, NONE. Wink Never mind the freshly dug holes in my back yard, it was just the dog burying her bones.

Apparently I live in Alaska then Laughing
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 20:23:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice bit of kit, Bobby. Definitely a winter project for sure.... Smile
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 31 May 2008 22:12:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can't beat a good revolver for the ladies. My wife doesn't like auto's either so has a titanium .357 that she uses with .38 special ammo. Very nice all around pistol for things.

Looks to me like $100 was a great deal. I tried to re-blue an old shotgun when I was a kid and failed miserably (20 gauge Remington 870 circa 1970, still have it in it's partially blued state.). It's a skill I never got the hang of and is probably a dying art like wooden shipbuilding these days. You'll have to post pics of the finished product when you get er done! If you ask me though, I'd say it looks pretty good as is.
Dr. E,
The problem is that since you skew the averages, there are at least 4 or 5 people who don't have a firearm. If you live in Kali, the average is probably less than 1/2 firearm per person, so there would be 8 or 10 unprotected people out there.

Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 01:09:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I prefer revolvers over brass slingers myself. I usually can be seen carrying a Ruger Vaquero around abouts the tri-county area. lol Sometimes I get weird looks from the sheeple or out of staters.

Not untraceable too, did the legal thing at a local FFL. PA requires handguns, SBS's, and SBR's to be transferred at a FFL or Sheriff for the state police form to be filled out. ...sorta a quasi-registration, officially called a "transfer database". Direct descendant transfers are exempt though. Long guns aren't legally considered "firearms" here.

PA's ownership of guns is rather high like AK's. We were the state that Obama was referring to "sticking to their guns and religion" back in late April. You'd be hard pressed to find a house without one. Unfortunately we require a license to carry concealed(unlike AK and VT) or in a vehicle - but we do have the highest number of licenses issued in the nation. 1 in 8 has a LTCF in my county, and across the state it is 1 in 23 has a LCTF. $25-$40, and some Sheriff offer over the counter service instead of having to wait 45 days to get it.

Bluing is easy to screw up. Just takes practice.. I've been shooting and gunsmithing since my late toddler years. ...tis something that runs in my family on both sides. My next learning experience is case-hardening. But furnaces are out of my budget right yet..
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 02:36:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Funny, I just forklifted one of these Winchester 12/24 Gun Safes up onto the third story of my house.

It has 5 in it and lots more to come now that I can conceal carry freely.

I need to find a nice Bear revolver for my wife. Engineer I work with just got MAULED by a brown (grizzly) bear. Just a bit too close to home to think it doesn't happen.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 03:08:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ewwww 575lbs? 3rd story? d00d.. thats nuts.. lol

Sorry to hear about your coworker.. I hope all goes well for him and family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: