Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
$4.00 Gas
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:27:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
Diesel is about to get A LOT more expensive.
Due to the earthquake in China, many dams/hydropower plants are offline, and China is buying an extra 10% + of diesel on the world spot market to run the old diesel generators. Expect another $1 a gal by mid summer.

See... that would be assuming that the prices are rising in response to some real world reasons. I don't believe that is the case at all.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:01:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
T-shirt wrote:
Due to the earthquake in China, many dams/hydropower plants are offline, and China is buying an extra 10% + of diesel on the world spot market to run the old diesel generators. Expect another $1 a gal by mid summer.

See... that would be assuming that the prices are rising in response to some real world reasons. I don't believe that is the case at all.

True, but this will just be an extra excuse.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:25:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
T-shirt wrote:

How this for a real world reason......the US dollar is only worth 2 bits right now. Mad
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:26:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
Doctor Feelgood wrote:
T-shirt wrote:

How this for a real world reason......the US dollar is only worth 2 bits right now. Mad

It went up?? Banana
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:34:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll pay in Euros if that helps.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:17:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Crude went over 135.00 today...

However, one of the off brand stations in town did actually go down yesterday.

I am predicting a drop in cost by August but I don't think we will ever see under 3.25 again.

It's kind of interesting listening to some of the people in the know and the many things that affect the price at the pump.

One of the biggest right now is indeed the value of the dollar.

It would almost be worth buying a tanker of $.17 gas in Valensuela (sp) and divvying it up amongst friends and families.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 28 May 2008 05:03:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Apparently we (Americans) drove 11billion less miles in March than we did the year before. A 4.3% decline which was the sharpest decline ever measured (measurements began in 1942 during the height of WWII and rationing).

I find it extremely ironic that here in Alaska we actually produce about 1/8th. of the entire US supply of oil and have the highest gas prices despite only having about 1/400th of the US population. Our governor is talking about distributing $1.2 billion in energy relief to the residents when she should actually be looking into building another refinery to lower costs or investing the money in alternative energy sources.

Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:29:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
I'll pay in Euros if that helps.

I'm investing in that hard canadian dollar Grin

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:53:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
Apparently we (Americans) drove 11billion less miles in March than we did the year before. A 4.3% decline which was the sharpest decline ever measured (measurements began in 1942 during the height of WWII and rationing).

I find it extremely ironic that here in Alaska we actually produce about 1/8th. of the entire US supply of oil and have the highest gas prices despite only having about 1/400th of the US population. Our governor is talking about distributing $1.2 billion in energy relief to the residents when she should actually be looking into building another refinery to lower costs or investing the money in alternative energy sources.

A very important US Document wrote:
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Chin Bat
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:49:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wonder how many people will know where that's from without looking it up EC...

That's one of the documents that militias like to point toward. Especially where it states the citizens have the right to abolish or alter the government.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: