Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
HotHardware's April Sweepstakes - Win a new Rig!
hothardware.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:14:41    Post Subject: HotHardware's April Sweepstakes - Win a new Rig! Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
It's that time again! Time for us to announce our latest sweepstakes! In conjunction with our friends at Diamond Multimedia and Smooth Creations, we’ve got one hot rig to give away this month. Today, we’re announcing a new sweepstakes where someone could win a full AMD Phenom X4 9750-based system, complete with a Diamond Radeon HD 3870 X2 graphics card and slick, custom painted Smooth Creations case. This machine is definitely a head turner.

URL: http://www.hothardware.com/News/HotHardware_April_Sweepstakes_Win_a_new_Rig_/
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:41:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is one sick looking paint job on one of the coolest cases ever. All the hardware inside is like the cherry on top. I diamond studded cherry. lol
Digerati
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 06:54:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

U.S. only. One heck of a giveaway.
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:35:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The rig must total upto 1500$+ I believe. Dang!
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:40:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bleg. more skulls. How uninspired can you get? What's next, roses and daggers, perhaps some flames or a dragon? Are we still in the 80s?

Seriously, if you're going to paint -anything- then do it with some originality. If you can't be original, find something else to mimic that isn't overdone, like a renaissance tapestry, some H. R. Geiger can be cool as long as you avoid the 'alien' crap. Maybe a photo of your dog with a lolcats caption would work.

Maybe I'm saying this because I view art on a case the same as a tattoo: it's going to be there for a very, very long time. As such, you shouldn't just pick some art off the tattooist's wall (3rd rose/skull from the left and put it on my shoulder/butt/hip/arm). You should pick art that's a reflection of yourself.
timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:20:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
Bleg. more skulls. How uninspired can you get? What's next, roses and daggers, perhaps some flames or a dragon? Are we still in the 80s?

Seriously, if you're going to paint -anything- then do it with some originality. If you can't be original, find something else to mimic that isn't overdone, like a renaissance tapestry, some H. R. Geiger can be cool as long as you avoid the 'alien' crap. Maybe a photo of your dog with a lolcats caption would work.

Maybe I'm saying this because I view art on a case the same as a tattoo: it's going to be there for a very, very long time. As such, you shouldn't just pick some art off the tattooist's wall (3rd rose/skull from the left and put it on my shoulder/butt/hip/arm). You should pick art that's a reflection of yourself.

That is very true. But the problem I see is that it really isn't for yourself. The people who painted that is for other people. They just do something that "most" people might like or accept; something that is more easily marketable. The more "specialized" stuff that you linked to is great, don't get me wrong. But I see those as more of a paintjob that you do yourself or get specifically get an artist to do for you.

Kind of goes along with what I was talking with a friend a while back. Why are a majority of the cases out there black? I think it is the most "safe" color for a pc case if it wants to sell well/better than if it was another color.
daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:22:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yikes now that would be one sweet computer to win.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: