Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Can't recognize my graphics card
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:41:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what did your friend say the card was?? Is it AGP, PCI, PCI-e???

The Catalyst drivers should work back to the original Radeons.

Have you also checked to see if you have the proper chipset drivers in? If your chipset drivers aren't in, or not in properly/completely, the AGP, PCI, PCI-e slots won't be configured properly to work with vga drivers. Many of todays card's drivers will not run on recent mobos without the proper system drivers being installed. Even my 4 year old Lanparty NF2 -B mobo will not run my old Radeon 9800pro as anything more than a standard vga adapter until I install the nForce chipset drivers.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:50:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have the newest, and yes proper, chipset drivers. It's PCI-e.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:42:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Was your old card an ATI or Nvidia? If your old card was an Nvidia did you remove the Nvidia drivers with driver cleaner? Even if your old card was an ATI, it may be beneficial to try removing the drivers and re-installing.
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:33:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Check your system drivers and BIOS as well. Maybe an update on those are needed.
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:18:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Old card was an nVidia, drivers are gone, reformatted gone.

When my video card started to die it appeared to be a software problem, I replaced all the drivers. That only made it worse. The next thing I thought was that it might be a windows problem. Windows Repair didn't do anything and I just quick reformatted because there was nothing else I could think to do at 2 in the morning with only one computer. Still didn't work, I tried other slots which didn't work either. Took it over to my friends house and we tested the RAM then graphics card. RAM was fine and his computer wouldn't start with my video card. I tried the video card that was lent to me by the kid from school and everything seemed to work fine.

I have the most current windows updates, the most recent BIOS and drivers for every piece of technology in my computer except the video card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: