Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
AVerMedia USB and Cardbus TV Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:48:58    Post Subject: AVerMedia USB and Cardbus TV Tuners Reply with quote View Single Post

I wasn't expecting much from a PCMCIA tuner for a few reasons, but I was quite surprised at just how well TV viewing, basic recording, and time shifting functioned. Although the system did limit what the card was capable of, the AVerTV Cardbus showed that it can definitely be recommended for anyone looking to add a TV tuner to their notebook computer. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:32:03; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

swank1
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:29:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

nice review, this is my first time hearing about avermedia... pretty cool looking stuff.

I am really impressed with how well the PCMCIA card did. I can't imagine many people using those though, seems like USB would be the more obvious choice... Anyway, if I had a laptop I would have it hooked up to a SlingBox anyway, forget a tuner card Razz

I am currently using a hauppauge wintv-pvr 350 which is awesome...
WYRED
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:25:52    Post Subject: I have a ezmaker usb pro (now useless) Reply with quote View Single Post

Too bad that avermedia doesn't provide reasonable support for their products. I have the ezmaker USB pro and it works great under XP, but I'm moving on with a new PC and it comes with vista.

The avermedia products do not have vista ability and their support department says that the hardware doesn't allow them to make it work under vista. They want to sell you new products. Any Product is only good if it works with your tools. Unfortunately, this is typical of the support for consumer/computer products. here today and literally gone tomorrow.

based on the date of your thread, this product is really not that old and aver didn't even carry it for vista...what's that 2 years after intro.

try hauppage, they are not as proprietary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: