Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
Yes, he had a right to speak. However, property rights prevail above personal rights. If asked to leave from any private property, even if speaking - you must comply.

Well, the police asked him right? They don't own the campus do they?

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:40:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Police can act on behalf of tenant and owner if asked to follow your policy. They were probably give permission to see that the rules of the event were followed, that there was authority enough to have him removed. When the guy refused to leave the mic, he was accentually trespassing. When asked to leave by police from private property it becomes a high misdemeanor to even felony trespassing. Then when he resisted, his actions were unlawful and illegal. When he continued, the police had rights to use necessary force to subdue, detain, arrest and remove him from the facilities. Lawfully, the cops were within their rights and legally could have put a boot in his a$$ literally.

I have a security(the one with weapons in the course of employment) certificate issued by the Hillsborough Community College in Florida. That guy go what he deserved, and the cops used justifiable force.

Last edited by knight0334 on Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:45:41; edited 2 times in total
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:41:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well if Kerry said to leave him be so he could answer the question, it could be taken as he was being given permission to continue speaking.

It'll all come out eventually, and if its found that the kid was in the right, he'll get a good sized settlement.

On the other hand, if it's found the kid was out of line, he'll go to jail.

I don't think any of us have a law degree and have heard everything clearly on what happened. As EC said, we've only seen a clip of it. There could obviously be more that we havn't seen.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:44:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Well if Kerry said to leave him be so he could answer the question, it could be taken as he was being given permission to continue speaking.

It'll all come out eventually, and if its found that the kid was in the right, he'll get a good sized settlement.

On the other hand, if it's found the kid was out of line, he'll go to jail.

I don't think any of us have a law degree and have heard everything clearly on what happened. As EC said, we've only seen a clip of it. There could obviously be more that we havn't seen.

Kerry doesn't own or manage that university.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:08:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I heard this on the radio when I woke up this morning (Opie & Anthony). They were making fun of the kid from what he is saying....don't tase me, don't tase me bro...then when they did tase him...he cried ow ow ow...O&A were making fun of him for saying that.

So I woke up laughing to that (just the sound), then after a shower I turned on the news to see video (partial of the youtube video). The people on the news said this kid has more videos on youtube and is a prankster. They questioned if this was a prank, just to get him noticed on youtube. National News is even better for him to get noticed, and they said that, yeah..."we are probably giving him exactly what he wants"...but they are doing it for our network ratings too.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:26:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dimensionjew, take a basic law class, THEN come talk about the law. You'll be a changed person. Trust me, I've done it (took a year of criminal law, plus all the civil law stuff I need to know for my job).

Interesting info there Mod... that does shed more light on to things.
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:32:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sry, HS student.... No Law classes @ my school...Just speaking what I know. Rolling Eyes

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:29:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What that kid really needed was a wood shampoo & mahogany massage.

The reason why some people feel he was a little abused was the fact that they aren't accustomed to seeing people being corrected for their behavior. ...That and it is somewhat human nature to be repulsed by violence upon each other. If you're not used to seeing someone get their a$$ whooped, then its a shock to see it when it does happen. Which I'm sure this kid lacked when he was a kid.

If this kid does get out of trouble, it'll be due to the sympathy and pacification of the bleeding hearts of this country.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:35:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dimensionjew wrote:
Sry, HS student.... No Law classes @ my school...Just speaking what I know. Rolling Eyes

Of course, you actually SHOULD be getting some education on the law so when you hit 18 and go wondering off into the real world you actually know something. This is of course not your fault, and why I think our schools are failing us. Hmmm the government not doing something right... that is a surprise.

Anyways, my point is that you have to look beyond just the top surface of what you saw in a 30 second video clip. Which neither the media, nor our current government want you to do. Let's take just a closer look into this case:

1) What were the rules the question asker were given PRIOR to his taking up the mic? Were they "you have 2 minutes, and then you have to move on."? I don't know? We're not told. And while you think "well he should be able to talk as long as he wants", you then put a little thought into that and realize then that one person could use up all the time available and the other people don't get to exercise their rights to ask a question. There has to be ground rules in something like this so that as many people as possible get a chance to ask a question.

2) Who uninitiated the "you need to stop now" event? Was it someone from Kerry's camp? Was it a moderator? Was it a university official? This isn't made clear in either the video, or any part of the story I have seen. It's likely that someone ask the cops (where were likely Campus Police) to remove this joker.

This is one of those things were our knee jerk reactions aren't most likely the right one. Because we haven't been presented with the whole truth, only a small piece of a larger puzzle. It's obvious that something is wrong here, but what is wrong is what can't be answered by the 30 second "here's what we want you to know" clips that we have been presented with.

You also need to realize that "Freedom of Speech" doesn't mean you get to say what ever you want, when ever you want. Yes you can say just about anything, but there are the time and place for it. You can't for example start a 5000 person rally in the middle of the freeway to speak against pollution. HOWEVER you can go get a permit and have that same rally at a local park. Unfortunately the law isn't as cut and dry as many would like to believe it is, or should be.

Ok... sorry for the long speech.... Please return to your "All you need to know in 30 seconds" news.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:14:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If the po-po tells you to stop resisting for 2-3 minutes straight and you keep fighting to get away from them, you deserve the zap-zap-zap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: