Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PC Toys SimpleMax 101 mATX Case
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:06:24    Post Subject: PC Toys SimpleMax 101 mATX Case Reply with quote View Single Post

Check out the Bigbruin.Com review: **HERE**

And share your comments / questions in this thread... Thanks!

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:53:01; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:56:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

When did they make a "Barton Core" Athlon XP 1700+??

You sure it isn't a Palomino, Thoroughbred (A or B), or Thorton?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:11:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That may be my fault in editting... Spire definitely didn't say it was a Barton... I must have! I'll fix it when I get home... Angry
willie92
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 19:00:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Do you think there's room for a LCD or VFD display on the front (thinking 4 x 20)? It looks like 3 of 4 "quadrants" (for lack of a better word) are used, but there may still be room above/below the DVD player...
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:15:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I took another look at the case, as long as it wasnt too deep, you could mod the case and insert a display in the 4th quadrant. There isn't much back there, this would be above the connectors and to the right of the DVD. I would just remove the floppy and put it there.

If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer, and welcome to BigBruin.com!!!

Wave Wave Wave Wave Wave Wave Wave
xvilemx
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:22:56    Post Subject: side view Reply with quote View Single Post

could you post up a side view of the case with the side panel on, gonna see if i cant post up a window in that case. but need to know before i buy. Thanks.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:46:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Remember, the carrier for the drives covers half or more of the removable side cover... Not going to be much room for anything side mounted, but hope this pic helps your decision.

Oh, one more thig I found out, this case is sensitive to Heatsink size. A larger heatsink wil be in the way of the carrier. I currently use teh Thermaltake TMD style sinks and they fit fine, however, a large sink like a volcano 7 will not.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

xvilemx
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:58:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

on the powers supply, is there a fan on the bottom, and if so, does it extrude out? ive seen lots of micro power supplys extrude out, i need to get at least a 300, was gonna start lookin for one.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:14:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The power supply that came with the case has a fan on the bottom, and the grill does not extend beyond the PSU. The PSU sits up about 1/2" above the bottom of the case. I would assume any Matx PSU would fit.
xvilemx
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:09:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

one more question, is there any room to cut a window in this case, i know the hdd cage is close to it, is there any room between the side panel and the hdd case?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: