Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750GB External Hard Drive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:12:39    Post Subject: Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750GB External Hard Drive Reply with quote View Single Post

The warranty is another key selling point on the FreeAgent Pro. While you could easily add a Seagate drive (with its own 5 year warranty) to any old enclosure, Seagate has bundled the whole thing together for you, thrown in some useful software, and then applied their industry leading warranty to the whole thing. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

sirmeili
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:26:43    Post Subject: Power button Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi. I enjoyed the article. I'm disappointed to hear that when I get my new computer build that the eSATA transfers will be slow. I just got my drive today (500gb version), but for what I paid for it, I think I'll be ok.

I wanted to let everyone know about the power button. Like the reviewer, I was confused about what it was, and actually found this review trying to research it. Here's the dealio on it. If you put your finger on it and hold for a second or two (like mentioned in the article) it will turn the drive off. To turn it on, however, you just have to rub your finger over it! simply pressing it won't work. however a quick swipe and it boots up without a prob Smile

I hope this helps anyone else confused about the power button.

Sir Meili
http://www.meilibox.com

Last edited by sirmeili on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 23:06:28; edited 1 time in total
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:28:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks! Just wondering, did the manual included with yours happen to actually describe the power button function at all?
sirmeili
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 23:05:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No. I found out it was a power button by looking at the data sheet at seagate's website. At least I figured it was either that or a activity light (mostly because of the setting to turn off "display and activity lights"). I actually thought it was broken as was about to contact Seagate about an RMA or just return it to Staples. After finding the data sheet I did a bit of searching and found this review and went from there Smile

It took me a bit of trial and error to figure it out, but alas my perseverance paid off!

Sir Meili
http://www.meilibox.com
margale
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:13:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the great article! After I read it, I purchased one of these 750 gig drives, and I "think" I really like it.

HOWEVER, I'm using it on a Macbook with OS X, and I've discovered that the yellow/orange LIGHT that wraps around the unit will only turn OFF with a setting that is stored in the utility software under WINDOWS that comes with the drive. It's not a setting stored in the drive, so it appears to be impossible to turn it off. I keep my computer room dim, and this light is really annoying to me.

Does anyone know a PHYSICAL way to turn it off? I'm reluctant to rip open the drive, but I will if I have to.

Thanks!

Margie
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:04:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How did you test eSATA when the AW8D doesn't have any eSATA ports?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:17:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

evermore wrote:
How did you test eSATA when the AW8D doesn't have any eSATA ports?

Hi...

Using the SATA to eSATA cable/bracket from the Cooler Master XCraft 350 reviewed here. Any board with SATA could support eSATA if the motherboard or enclosure manufacturers would just include one of those simple things!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

beansweet
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 05:57:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cons: Have to decide what size drives to put in the server. And how to be ready for the future space needed. I would like a metal lock loop. The server is so small and light, I can stick it any where, and I can see it disappearing if not locked up.
hair structure for causes of hair loss, what is dandruff for cure for dandruff | http://www.healthyhairhighlights.com/new_approach_to_hair_transplant.html | http://www.healthyhairhighlights.com/history_of_hair_transplant.html | http://www.healthyhairhighlights.com/hair_loss_and_doctor_recoup.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: