Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Hardware tests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:40:11    Post Subject: Hardware tests Reply with quote View Single Post

So one of my bosses (I have 2 or 3) wants to know the difference between 2 laptops based on performance. It's been a long time since I've had to do any kind of performance testing and/or evaluation. I was going to use 3DMark06 to begin with. Maybe some of you can give me a suggestion or 3 on what I else use to give some numbers for comparison?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:45:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Running through the whole suite in Sisoft Sandra may be the quickest for an overview on all system components. I'd keep 3DMark for the video end too.

You could get a bunch of smaller, more specialized apps for testing memory, drives, etc... But Sandra should be good.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:09:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what type of performance do you care about? for business apps?
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:55:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Max Resolution, overall performance for GIS applications, some bullship metrics that they can understand. The particular boss asking is equivalent to the PHB in Dilbert for Technical background.

I downloaded Sandra. Soon as I get all the drivers in and the system stable, it's getting to run first. Thanks, BB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: