Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Vanguard Anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KwonTchii
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:57:30    Post Subject: Vanguard Anyone? Reply with quote View Single Post

First... Hi guys, just joined the forum here for some tech help and found a slew of things that interest me. Hope you don't mind me trolling around in here from time to time.

Secondly, I started playing Vanguard and have enjoyed it, though it is REALLY demanding on my system. Anyone else in this game?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:20:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been in Vanguard since release and having a blast. Currently playing on ThunderAxe.

Feel free to troll around all you want Smile
KwonTchii
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:48:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Also playing on Thunderaxe. I am a happy member of the Allied Rangers, and my char is Kwon, a lvl 12 Dread knight. It is a very well done game and I forsee a long rewarding relationship between it and me. Smile
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:53:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well give me a shout when you're online.

I'm playing:
Lvl 35 Druid - Orbex
Lvl 18 Paladin - Apea
Lvl 10 Sorcer - Jalana
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:23:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you guys tried the killer nic with vanguard?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:26:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Killer NIC does a GREAT job with any online game....even Vanguard.

Before they fixed their Vista drivers, I was using the onboard nVidia NIC, I would regularly get Yellow/Red lag status from Vanguard. As soon as the Vista drivers were fixed, I'm solidly into Green about 90% of the time, and delve into Yellow status occassionally.

When others are complaining about lag, I have none or extremely little.

I put two machines with slightly different specs (same video card, amount of memory), but different CPU (both dual core) side by side, and played Vanguard with On board (and PCI) NIC, vs the other with the Killer. The Killer had MUCH better FPS and less lag than the other.

If you can afford it, and play games alot, I'd get one.
KwonTchii
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:51:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am running the 802.11N currently, so the killer NIC is sorta moot. Does look like a nice addition. I may pick that up some time in the future, but that would require some rearranging of the furniture and the like, so when I get around to that....
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

grumpyboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:44:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

KwonTchii wrote:
I am running the 802.11N currently, so the killer NIC is sorta moot. Does look like a nice addition. I may pick that up some time in the future, but that would require some rearranging of the furniture and the like, so when I get around to that....
i played when it jst came out and wasnt that impressed seemed too like eq II to me.
mind you that was a long time ago.
I wont a free trail then I might try again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: