Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Rhythm HTPC Liquid Cooling System
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:04:19    Post Subject: Thermaltake Rhythm HTPC Liquid Cooling System Reply with quote View Single Post

The Thermaltake Rhythm HTPC Liquid Cooling System has taken the formerly extreme art of water cooling and made it feel right at home in an HTPC environment. The extreme cooling and extremely low noise output are welcome features in a home theater personal computer, and will help insure that your system stays up and running without you having to hear that it is doing so. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:02:14; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Jim_Moore
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:46:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kudos on the great review! It helped me so much with the setup of my Rhythm. I have been customizing my setup for sometime and just received the Rhythm to finish out the system. I started out with the Tt Tai-Chi liquid cooled case and added a Koolance nVidia 6800 waterblock. I wanted this GPU cooler because it cooled the ram on the video card also. As it turned out after adding the Koolance block, the side door on the Tai-Chi would not close! The radiatior was hitting the water barbs. Last night I installed the Rhythm cooler and gutted the Tai-Chi cooler. Only keeping the Tt CPU waterblock CL-W0010. I preferred it over the block that came with the Rhythm. The quality of the Rhythm and the Tai-chi are amazing ie: very low noise and very low temps and I got the Side door to close! Thanks for the great review, the tips you added on placement were really helpfull.
kevil
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:33:50    Post Subject: Rhythm Reliability? Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, i've read several reviews by end users of this cooler, and several have said that they have had problems with the plastic barb on the pump breaking off after around a month. Did you have chance to test this for any length of time? What did you think of the build quality, would you imagine that these were maybe a bad batch or did it feel in any way flimsy?

Also would you say that the flow rate in this is sufficient for cooling a Pentium D (dual core) 3.4Ghz with a GPU cooler added into the mix?

Thanks in advance.
Kev.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:39:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi!

I am still using mine, and have had no quality problems. No problems at all really.

I presently cool an overclocked Celeron D (2.66 @ 3 Ghz) and it stays very cool. I hope to switch systems in a couple days/weeks, and at that point I will also be cooling a Pentium D (3.2 GHz) and considered adding a VGA block, too. Although I can not say for sure, there is definitely alot of capacity in this cooling system, and it should do fine!

I'll post results when I make my move.
kevil
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:42:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Great. Thanks.
kevil
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:56:30    Post Subject: tubing Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry,

One more question, what size tubing does this use as it comes? so i can macth up the connections for the GPU Cooler
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:05:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hmmm... good question. I'll look around and see if I can measure an extra fitting or something, as it may not be too soon that I crack it open otherwise.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

nezumi
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:34:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Hmmm... good question. I'll look around and see if I can measure an extra fitting or something, as it may not be too soon that I crack it open otherwise.

Great review Smile.

But, did you had time to measure up the fitting? I'm thinking of buying one myself now that the priceses dropped (found it for 149 euro).
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:16:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I did have it apart a while ago, and forgot to measure. It is just a pain to get in there... Laughing

I read elsewhere that it is 1/4" tubing, which seems about right, but I am not sure that is correct. Could be metric for all I know. It is just 3/8" or smaller, so definitely not a high flow system (in case the 84L/hr rating on the pump didn't confirm that already).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: