Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
gamepads??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 08:33:12    Post Subject: gamepads?? Reply with quote View Single Post

I've liked to use the keyboard/mouse for everything so far. But I thought a gamepad would be cool for some games. I can use an Xbox 360 wired controller right? Does it work for all games or only some?
thanks

G-Skill F2800, PC2 8500, 2 x 2G
EVGA 8800GTS(@600, 902)
Corsair TX750
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 08:37:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was with the understanding that xbox's used a different plug even though it was USB..

Several manufacturers make USB gamepads. And I think some are even modeled after the xbox shape if thats what you are used to.
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:17:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Some guy at EB Games told me it was for use with a pc too, through USB. Does the controller work for some games, if so which ones (or kinds), or all games? I would want to return it if it only worked on a few games. I wanted to use it for some FPS games, like HL2 or FEAR, or some action/adventure rpg's, like Oblivion.
thanks

EVGA 8800GTS(@600, 902)
Corsair TX750
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:38:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I know it IS possible to get the USB xbox360 controller working on your pc, as far as drivers and support, i'm not so sure. I'm speaking from experience of a buddy i have that wrote his own linux drivers for his.

EDIT -

According to microsoft, they are windows capable.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/Productlist.aspx?pid=all

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:45:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd be inclined to buy one specific to PC. Do you have an XBOX 360 you are trying to share with?
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:04:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, I heard it's just a good controller. There's an MS driver download for it, and it plugs right into usb. not sure if I like it yet though. I tried it with FEAR, but there aren't enough buttons, you have to still use the keyboard for some things, plus I think my mouse aims way better. I bet it would be good for a racing, or platform game.
EVGA 8800GTS(@600, 902)
Corsair TX750
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:28:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dfran wrote:
No, I heard it's just a good controller. There's an MS driver download for it, and it plugs right into usb. not sure if I like it yet though. I tried it with FEAR, but there aren't enough buttons, you have to still use the keyboard for some things, plus I think my mouse aims way better. I bet it would be good for a racing, or platform game.

Yeah I don't think I'd prefer any kind of console/regular gamepad like that as opposed to a mouse for first person shooters. Its just a lot easier to point and click to aim. I'm guessing it'll be really nice/fun for a lot of arcade type games that you might have on your computer, as well as the racing option you said. What comes to mind if i were using a gamepad like that would be emulated NES/Genesis/Other console games.

Boot up thats old school super mario bros. Cool

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

grumpyboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:10:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i use my wired 360 joypad on my pc
it works great, once you download the update

JMBB
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:48:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been looking at gamepads for the PC, I'll have to check into using an XBOX controller since those seem to be made pretty well. I've considered using a PS2 controller as well.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:27:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I grabbed a 360 controller from a guy at work, and used it to play Lost Planet on my Vista machine.

No drivers were needed, and Lost Planet worked perfectly with the controller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: