Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
HTPC OS Software
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:59:43    Post Subject: HTPC OS Software Reply with quote View Single Post

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

MediaPortal is an Open Source application ideal for turning your PC / TV into a very advanced Media Center. MediaPortal allows you to listen to your favorite music & radio, watch and store your videos and DVDs, view, schedule and record live TV as a digital video recorder and much much more.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:05:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had that installed for a while... Was good, but it was missing things I wanted... I just don't remember what now. Maybe it was nice web access...
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:48:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That would definetly be the downfall of it for me. Right now, with Snapstream (or Media Center) I can remotely tell my system at home to record things that I learn of while I'm not at home.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:32:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well it doesn't look like a full Operating System...just the Media Center app that can be installed on XP or XPMC.
bruceleeon
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:28:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

then you can vnc in...
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 May 2007 22:27:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

so when you say media portal didn't have good web access, what do you mean? is there software with integrated web in the program?

I'm still testing out HT software...media portal seems to be the best one so far in the customizable aspect. but having issues getting the ati remote working properly.

Any other HT software (winxp based) that I should check out?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:53:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I checked out several different ones, and I've always gone back to Snapstream.

Even tried Media Center, which is good, but has issues, and does DRM files.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:56:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

but does snapstream do other things besides DVR?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:23:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm using Snapstream BeyondTV for the DVR function, and Snapstream BeyondMedia for the other features. I've disabled many of the features as I don't need them. I know it does DVD playback, Music, Photos, Videos, Weather, Caller ID, and I believe FM tuning if set up for that (or maybe it does Internet Radio I don't know).
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:44:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I will have to look into beyondmedia...

I forget, but beyondtv might not have worked with my ati hdtv tuner pci card, but who knows..I have tried about a handful of HT software in the past 48hrs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: