Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Are you ready for some football? [fantasy football league]
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:43:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
smells like collusion to me. I'm fine with it though, just make beating him in the playoffs that much sweeter.

Which is what any trade is.

Quote:

Collusion takes place within an industry when rival companies cooperate for their mutual benefit.

So by definition we should disallow trades, because either one side is taking advantage of the other, or they are "cooperating for their mutual benefit".

Not that any of this affects me anyways... I'm just plain hosed. I face you this week, and unless something really changes I'm either out of the running or I face you in week 1 of play offs. Either way. big L for me.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

nogard
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:44:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Reuters'R'Us, Somewhere between Insanity and Reason, Nov 17th:

In a unprecedented move, the Vikingz'R'Us head coach has announced a mid-season mascot change for his team in The Den Fantasy Football league.

Their new mascot is a Bulldog, named SecretShizzle, originally came from an animal shelter somewhere around Los Angeles.

The mascot change will cause the Vikingz'R'Us uniforms to be updated (see below) accordingly.

Go Vikingz!

~h

VikingzRUs-helmet.gif
 Description:
Holy Helmet, Batman!
 Filesize:  7.35 KB
 Viewed:  2961 Time(s)

VikingzRUs-helmet.gif

misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:57:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
acruxksa wrote:
smells like collusion to me. I'm fine with it though, just make beating him in the playoffs that much sweeter.

Quote:

Collusion takes place within an industry when rival companies cooperate for their mutual benefit.

Whatever shmoozer... We have the power to block it so doesn't matter. You probably looked up the word because you had no clue what it meant. Laughing

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:14:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

misty wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
acruxksa wrote:

Quote:

Whatever shmoozer... We have the power to block it so doesn't matter. You probably looked up the word because you had no clue what it meant. Laughing

Blow me
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:50:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Haha... misty rocks! Glad the trade got shot down, at least there are some reasonable people out there!

Trades are fine if they are balanced or close to balanced... When someone trades a player with 121 points for someone with 43 points, that is a problem. There are a handful of QBs with more than 43 points out on the waiver wire with more points than that. And the argument that the trade was a joke and wasn't supposed to go through is nonsense. If no one noticed or voted against it, it would have gone through no matter what. You can't stop your own trade once accepted, and I think it takes 4 or 5 others to vote against it to stop it... Bang Head
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:24:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

my spare quarterback has more than most of yours i think Smile

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:51:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just dropped all of my players. Once they hit the market...they are fair game. Easier than causing a ruckus.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:56:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You sir... Suck.
nogard
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:58:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks to all the participants for taking the bait. Nah, I didn't expect the trade to go through - I didn't think it could, because of the message on the main pages League Notes: "The deadline to complete trades in this league was Friday, Nov 17." I thought that meant we couldn't trade any further players between teams after this day, and the trade would fail. Turned out I was wrong; it would apparently have completed if not vetoed. That was not my intention.

Quote:
BigBruin> And the argument that the trade was a joke and wasn't supposed to go through is nonsense. If no one noticed or voted against it, it would have gone through no matter what.

It took 2 hours and 22 minutes for the trade to receive said Veto. So much for no one noticing.

That aside - trade or no trade, here's my opinion: if you don't keep track of what is going on, prepare to be run over. Stop paying attention from any kind of game for too long, and you're gonna get toasted. You get out what you put in; Caveat Emptor baby.

Quote:
BigBruin> The net result is Vikings getting Larry Johnson (superstar fantasy points GOD) for Joey Harrington (worthless, shouldn't even be on a fantasy team).

Ouch ... worthless? Now that's gonna leave a mark. Just for that comment, I'm going to start Joey against you this week - and still annihilate that band of girl-scouts you call a team!

Y'all were Trolled baby, get used to the feeling.

Cheese Helmets Rule!

~n

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:53:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LaTech wrote:
I just dropped all of my players. Once they hit the market...they are fair game. Easier than causing a ruckus.

Confused What is that all about???

Guys, this league is supposed to be a fun league. If it can't be that, if people are going to continue to get their tit's all in an uproar of this. Then I really don't want to play.

It's for FUN! Win, lose or draw. It's for FUN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 22 of 31

Jump to: