Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Another question on fans,
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:15:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

could be the graphics card fan or cpu fan speeding up as well from the heat

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

bruceleeon
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 21:44:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Get some nylons and tape them to the front of your case... that will eliminate some dust.
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 00:40:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

After running three stress test i also beginning to think its my video card fan Sad The HL:LC stress test one with max out settings and had 59.81 FPS all settings on low i had 66.51 FPS, and the Recommended
settings 52.00 FPS and when i started the last test the fan was really getting loud. also fps drop also.so it looks like im going to have to buy a good air can and try and get the fan cleaner,I was only able to remove some dust with a paintbrush:( and as typing this the fan noise has gone back to normal level. So i guess its my video card fan.Hope this doesn't mean that my card is dying .Its not even four years old.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:09:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big B wrote:
Its not even four years old.

Yikes Unfortunately, a 4 yr old video card is almost a historical piece anymore. However, if it's just the fan having problems you can pick up either a replacement fan, or a new video card heat sink.

Check out http://www.svc.com/cooling.html
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:09:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol its only 4 yrs old.... thats like saying your car is only 20 yrs old...
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:11:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Its a 6800Gt made by BFG. and i brought it when it first came out so how ever long ago that was. Time just fly by me now of days. and i gave it a pretty good cleaning so i hope the cleaning helped. If not what other problems could it be? for a drop in frames and the fan sounding that loud?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:43:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ahhh.. the 6800GT isn't so old. Still good enough.

Try looking at one of the replacement HSF for your video card. Might make a big difference.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 23:19:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think its more about my room temp then anything. I had the AC on today and my temp was good all day. In 10 mins the temp went from 55C to around 61C and I'm beginning to sweat,So im thinking the room temp has alot todo with the temp issue(fan noise) as it was fine with the ac on as i was also fine and once i turned off the ac this room im in does not take long to warm up. Im not sure

But i was told that 60C is not that bad for gpu, just me being a big worry wort about everything Smile dont have to bad of gaming problems, some fps loss but it doesnt bother me to bad as long as im playing and having fun guess i have to learn to live with little extra fan noise

I would buy another cooler for the card but i dont trust myself to replace.If i have to i will but as long as the games are playing fine and no crashes or lock ups i going to try and play it as long as i can,

Im rambling on i need some sleep been up way to long
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:21:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lok into the zaleman fataility series if u look into a different cooler. It loks pretty good, seen a couple of reviews that look promising.
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:46:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Puddin wrote:
lok into the zaleman fataility series if u look into a different cooler. It loks pretty good, seen a couple of reviews that look promising.

Yup, great cooler, really wish it fit my 7900 Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: