Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
LCD Monitors
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:14:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LaTech wrote:
Quote:
think compaq quality.
That's a nice oxymoron...

Laughing They're not too bad for a basic user's needs.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

bruceleeon
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:39:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
This one looks nice
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1828823&sku=H94-1904&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1183OP

That actaully looks halfway decent!!!

*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:35:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK, we went for this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7824278&productCategoryId=cat01013&type=product&cmp=++&id=1142295055176

Grin

Actually Misty got mine and I took this one. Because she needs to use a KVM and this one has DVI and the other one didn't. Sooo... I got the Samsung and she got my 19 Sceptre (nice monitor actually, just no DVI).
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:20:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

grabbed this the other week....it's actually very bright and crisp. I was surprised
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7638238&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01012&id=1134698030181

*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:49:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea I considered that one too... the one thing that threw me over the edge on the Samsung though was that it has a 3 yr warranty and the Westinghouse has a 1 yr.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:14:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You guys can have your small pants. I need big pants.
goales
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:18:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Samsung SyncMaster 19" is a very good option, and anyways, no matter which monitor you buy, it may be a Samsung inside as there are only a couple of LCD manufacturers and all the rest just put a plastic cover on top.

With a higher budget, I'll consider one of these:
Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20.0' 5ms 1600x1200 resolution
Samsung SyncMaster 214T 21.3' 8ms 1600x1200 resolution
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:46:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

goales wrote:
The Samsung SyncMaster 19" is a very good option, and anyways, no matter which monitor you buy, it may be a Samsung inside as there are only a couple of LCD manufacturers and all the rest just put a plastic cover on top.

With a higher budget, I'll consider one of these:
Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20.0' 5ms 1600x1200 resolution
Samsung SyncMaster 214T 21.3' 8ms 1600x1200 resolution

while it's true that the "glass" (LCD panel) comes from one of a 1/2 dozen manufacters there are many differences in the design, components, and quality between brands, even within a name brand different lines represent different goals/purposes for a given LCD monitor.
worse, because industry standards do not specify how response times are measured those specs can be deceiving (or downright lies)
My suggestions are (minimum)
3 year cross ship replacement (and not to some strange country to be "evaluated" for repair or replace at their option, when they feel like it, if they are still in that business)
15-30 day "no questions asked refund" (100%!!!) if not satisfied (this is an advantage of shopping locally with a decent merchant (even a national big box chain) with the rep and stock to replace it NOW)
a reasonable price (the above does cost something, but avoids being totally screwed)be willing to pay a few dollars more for a better choice
best is a brand/model YOU can see /try yourself (realizing stores max out the brightness/contrast and change samples ASAP if noticably defective) it may look different at home/in the office.
but if you can afford to replace it, sometimes it is worth the risk to deal with a known online source.
vileguy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:54:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

First and only LCD monitor I bought was an Envision...nice and cheap and hasn't disappointed me. I think it only receives analog signals though...and I think my sending a digital signal to his monitor, dunno the difference though.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:17:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
You guys can have your small pants. I need big pants.

I like!!!! wish I could have pulled the trigger on the 2407, but I've got plans so I ended up getting the 2007 recently (two days ago) and love it as well. There is no substitute for screen resolution!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: