Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Suggestions for cloning drives to RAID array...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:45:13    Post Subject: Suggestions for cloning drives to RAID array... Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a free app that did it for my other machine, but it only runs under Win9X... Thought Maxtor's maxBlast 3 would do it for me now...

Any "cheap" solutions to get my two partitions on one stand alone drive onto 2 partitions on my RAID array?

Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:20:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

While not free, Norton ghost works well.
Haven't used MaxBlast3 (I know MB2 had some problems) but you should be ok as long as you keep the original disk as is for awhile.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:47:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Maxblast works great for drives on the standard IDE channels, but it won't touch the RAID array... It sees them as "Dynamic" drives and insists they aren't NTFS or FAT volumes... Confused

Ghost is defnitely good, but I was hoping to hear of a nice free download... Grin Like the old one I had, "Drive2Drive" worked well... just not on WinXP.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:03:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

google for Drive copy probably can find a trial version somewhere
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:17:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have an old version of Drive Image, and dad just picked up Drive Copy 2.0 at the flea market.

Both run in DOS, and Drive Copy is a bootable floppy disk. I'd be happy to copy it and e-mail it too you so you can see if it'll work.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:19:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I used something called Casper XP - which worked well, but in my thread in the hardware section the Cheeze and others are telling me I have to start fresh to boot from a RAID array... Bang Head

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:02:45; edited 1 time in total
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:50:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, that's necessary. WinXP won't just "notice" a RAID array. At least not in my experience. If anyone has gotten this to work I've yet to see it and if so, I would like to see it!!

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: