Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Changing the Wall Outlet Design
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:17:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Still better than European outlets... Whenever I go over there, I am amazed at the crappy designs for plugs. Not only are the patterns poor, but the materials usually don't seem sufficient, and I see many cracked/broken outlets.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:18:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
with the angle up, it makes it easier for rugrats to insert coins and paperclips Shocking

It's not so bad, they only do it once.

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 12:01:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Asylum wrote:
mrweasel wrote:
with the angle up, it makes it easier for rugrats to insert coins and paperclips Shocking

Have you meet my 3 yr old??? Yikes Bang Head
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 12:24:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Asylum wrote:
mrweasel wrote:

Not really, I did it several times....guess my parents started putting tape over the outlets when I was kid because if it would fit, I would put it in the sockets Grin

Maybe that's part of my problem today...
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:35:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

Have you meet my 3 yr old??? Yikes Bang Head

Your not suppose to encourage him EC.

Hellfire wrote:

Not really, I did it several times....guess my parents started putting tape over the outlets when I was kid because if it would fit, I would put it in the sockets Grin

Maybe that's part of my problem today...

If what fit? Yikes Laughing

DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:54:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Still better than European outlets... Whenever I go over there, I am amazed at the crappy designs for plugs. Not only are the patterns poor, but the materials usually don't seem sufficient, and I see many cracked/broken outlets.

Yeah, stupid plugs! (The only problem is that almost every countries have different plugs...)

UK plugs are HUGE! I wonder how powerbars look like there,..

http://www.powercords.co.uk/standard.htm
http://www.yung-li.com.tw/EN/info/ww_specifications.htm

Hmmm... They 110V for Canada... They're far from reality I think. In two different areas, I get constant 125V. I guess that's why my japanese PS1 heats so much.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 23:09:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - the Dutch/German one seems to be the worst. While there, I have seen so many dmaged outlets, and even things slide right out of the socket while in use... Some times sending up sparks. Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

DeathTears
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:13:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is it just me or it shouldn't be that much difficult to put the thing upside down... or are they holding it so that they can release a v2.0... "a new and improved version".

Last edited by DeathTears on Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:40:02; edited 1 time in total
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:27:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome DeathTears...

Considering that who ever wired my house decided to put about 40% of the outlets in "upside down" with the standard outlets... I am guessing you could do the same with these, too. Laughing
DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:38:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It"s even worse with me, I think they were all upside down when we moved two years ago. (I reinstalled them correctly after painting some of the walls)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: