Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
WoW Demo...
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:39:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
hehe Ok, I get it. The game is addictive. Razz Even so, I'd still like to see what all the hoopla is about. So, no one here can hook me up?

thats what they all say then next thing you know they are dealing crack to pay for their game cards...

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spotpuff
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:58:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have 75 days played on one character.... O.o... days!

It's like a job you don't get paid for Razz
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:28:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

eh, I have over 250 days in my EQ character. I tried WoW. I was not wowed. The graphics, gameplay and feel were very cartoon-like. I tried out a night elf ranger, a gnome, a dwarf, and a human. I was most impressed with the fact that you could sit on the chairs. That was pretty cool. The fighting was uninspired and just like every other hack 'n slash (including EQ). The lack of interaction from other players made me feel like I was playing a solo game, even when I attempted to ask for help in finding a bank. Finally, the names were completely moronic and really, if I'm playing a game like that, I don't want to see people running around named JoeBob, Cuteypie, Thong, and some of the other lame 13 year old calibre names. I lost all interest after 5 days and even the mildly amusing jump sounds lost their appeal. It seemed like I was playing a graphically rich cartoon and I was all alone in a multi-player environment competing to kill rats. Even when I tried to use a name to get some laughs or any interaction (Gnorman the gnome), no one ever said a thing.
Beer Moon
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 29 May 2006 02:36:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like BattleGrounds for the most part - they're exciting and a nice break from the usual.

Grouping is horrific, and if anything makes "real" gamers not want to play this game (and it does!), it's because of the community. The names are just the tip of the iceberg. At 38, I've been in 4 groups so far, and 3 of them make me never want to group again!! In orginal EQ, and even in EQ2, it was much, much better than this. It really is heavily biased toward young teenagers.

I still play - till something better comes along - but I don't play daily like I did with EQ, not because I don't have time - just because I can't stand it!!
ury2ok2000
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 29 May 2006 07:30:49    Post Subject: WOW Reply with quote View Single Post

Used to play Wow alot when it first came out. But i got to lvl 51 and decided there wasnt much incentive to keep playing. Plus it was just alot of doing the same instance over and over to level. I mean there were plenty of instances in my lvl range but really only one was often used so the rest i never visited. Such a shame the way the whole pary search / invite system is. They really need to make it easier to find a group and get to an instance not place them all so far apart. Anyway i've started playing EQ2 and love it so probably wont be going back to wow anytime soon.
vileguy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:03:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Borrow some WoW CDs if you can and get it installed then go ahead and use my key if you want...I don't think it's been used so should work. If I post it here there's a good chance someone will snag it so I'll PM you it if you want.

I play WoW currently. I've quit it 2 or 3 times to either go back to Playing FFXI or some other game, MMORPG or other. People are addicted to it but it's a quality game that's being improved. The whole monthly fee thing bites but nowadays that's becoming very common and me boycotting it won't change a thing. And FYI the game is good but it's got the most immature/emo playerbase of any game...ever...

And you could get to the highest level in 15 days...if you didn't sleep and were good...or if you and a friend tooks turns and one of you was nocturnal...but you'd be missing out on a lot of the content which is what too many people do when they play. Some people, even 1 of my friends, have payed up to $200 so someone else would play their character to level 60 which is the cap, because they only want to play the end-game content. $275 bucks to buy only half a game...it's sad.

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:38:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

just so everyone knows, I tried it and hated it. Too cartoony and no one was sociable at all. Pathetic.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:23:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, have to agree. I hated it because of the cartoony look, immaturity of the players, and the non-social aspects of the players.

I much prefer EQ2 over WoW. In fact, I have about a dozen friends that originally played WoW, left it and came over to EQ2 and are kicking themselves for playing WoW instead of EQ2 at the begining....

I think something about WoW that alot of people don't realize is why it's popular. Sure it's a good game to a point. But as many of us know, most parents are nieve. They see a cartoony game and think nothing of it. So they let the kids play.

Next you have the system requirements which are pretty low, so it doesn't require an investment into a new copmuter to play it.

Just because it has the largest subscriber base, doesn't mean it's the best game out there Smile
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:24:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea... I've avoided WoW. Wanted to play it when it first came out, now I really have no desire.

I played EQ, and wasn't impressed so I never thought about EQ2.

Instead I play DDO. Not perfect, but over all I really enjoy it. I figure once it's been out for a year or two it should be even better. They contuine to add new content and features. So far, none has cost any additional money. I do however hear they are coming out with a pay upgrade, will most likely get it.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:37:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I loved DDO when I played it. Everything about the mechanics and graphics....

I just did not like the lack of content. By end of the second content patch, I had done everything multiple times with three characters and had no desire to do it again.

Still would be playing it if the content had been there...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: