Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Radio Shack is getting into the modding scene!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:44:28    Post Subject: Radio Shack is getting into the modding scene!!! Reply with quote View Single Post

www.radioshack.com is getting into the enthusiast scene!

You may have seen their ads up in a few places, but it looks like they are stocking Thermaltake, Antec, CoolerMaster as their primary suppliers.

I've heard through the grapevine as well that "if you see it on the Thermaltake web site, Shack will have it online or in the stores!!!

I called, excitedly, and got a little more info from a store near me. The store stocking is in a pilot program... not every store has the equipment. But in looking at the web site, their online offerings are ramping up quickly!!!

Remember to keep Radio Shack in mind when purchasing equipment. Their pricing seems to be pretty competitive, and they are running sales to try and generate more traffic that way!! (I bought a 500w PSU which came out to 9.99 after rebates... yummy!)

I did not think about them before, but I do now. Good price comparision.

And for me, RS is local (Ft. Worth I believe) so shipping should be quick and hassle free!

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:55:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice! Seems everybody is starting to get into this....

Coming Soon: Your local grocery store! Go get groceries, movies and now have a computer built while you shop!
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:13:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That sounds pretty cool.........Smile There aren't any computer shops around where I live, but there is a RS in every small town.
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:50:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah... let's keep our fingers crossed that this works out in their favor! I'd love to see this take off!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:00:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Browsing the RS site shows they have tons of big brands in all fields for enthusiasts. Not just mods, but PSUs, motherboards, coolers... Pretty cool. Especially since they are competitive on price (at least some prices).
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:04:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

no the question will be, will I be able to go to the store and get them?

EDIT: Looks like everything is Web Only.
No, thanks. I'll stick with NE, ZZF, Monarch

Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:27:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A lot of the stuff will be web stuff.... but they will also be stocking in the stores as well.
Mr. Weasel, where do you live? I can call back my RS contact and see if they know of a concept store near you.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:08:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

outside of Baltimore
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 23 May 2006 00:16:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Radio Shack usually charges the absolutely HIGHEST prices imaginable. I would never consider buying any computer components from them. Something as simple as a surge protector, you would pay $30 bucks at Radio Shack, while the exact same item would sell for $15 bucks somewhere else.

So yeah it is great that Radio Shack is beginning to stock items, as far as the convenience of it, but I don't know if the convenience of being able to go to a local store to get a part is worth paying twice as much!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 23 May 2006 06:35:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Checking prices online shows that they may be getting serious about this, and not just hoping to be another CompU$A.

I even see their ads popping up online at tech sites through direct banners and shopping services like PriceGrabber and Chitika.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: