Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Folding@Home
Distributed computing project for disease research
Go To Page 1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:54:47    Post Subject: Folding@Home Reply with quote View Single Post

Bigbruin.com has fired up a Folding@Home team! Please sign up if interested, and ask any questions in this thread!!

We are team #: 13848

Team stats are available at either: Hardfolding.com | Stanford.edu | Kakaostats.com

More Information and Download: Here

Quote:
What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease? Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

You can help by simply running a piece of software. Folding@Home is a distributed computing project -- people from through out the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer makes the project closer to our goals.

Folding@Home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems thousands to millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

folding.png
 Description:
folding image
 Filesize:  399 Bytes
 Viewed:  90602 Time(s)

folding.png

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:49:29; edited 21 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:45:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll set up my systems when I get home.

You might want to put this in its own thread.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:55:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

trekrider wrote:
I'll set up my systems when I get home.

You might want to put this in its own thread.

Very cool... And, it is it's own thread... Confused
trekrider

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:31:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've got 3 box's running. A 2500+ Barton (@2105 MHz), 1.4 T-bird (@1466MHz) and a 900MHz T-bird (stock).

The 1.4 T-bird is the testbed for reviews, other than that...all 3 will run at least 12 hours a day during the week and all weekend starting 5pm Fridays. (Schedule is subject to change, pending local circumstances)

I ment Forum!

trekrider

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:08:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Stanford stats show me but, the Extreme Overclockers site only shows my completed units...does not show me as a new member.

Maybe they will update their system now that the weekend is over.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:02:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

With just a few members/cpus we're making a charge... we've gone up a few hundred spots in the team ranks this past week... keep it up!! Thumbs Up
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:11:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Networks Today/Big Bruin has NO Threats!

w00t w00t... who's your daddy!!! Mr. T
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:16:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I saw that! Laughing Nice, wish it were true across the board... all will submit to the will of NT/BB... Grin
trekrider

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:33:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Fold on!

However, I'll be taking down the 1.4GHz t-bird this weekend to test the Kamakaze HSF. I wanted to redo the system anyway...it seems to be EXTREAMLY slow folding (up to 50 min per frame) and I think I'll try SuSE for a bit.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:38:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SuSE... whoa, have fun! Right now I have my XP2800+ and a PIII 600 folding!! What a waste of space that PIII is!! Once I figure out why my other system is so loud I will have an XP2200+ folding, too... Just replaced the psu and hsf, so that wasn't the noise... Either the vga fan or the northbridge fan... Hmmm...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 1 of 77

Jump to: