Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB SATA Hard Drive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:28:05    Post Subject: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB SATA Hard Drive Reply with quote View Single Post

Seagate really does have the Steve Austin of hard drives on their hands with the Barracuda 7200.10, as it really is better, stronger, faster. One thing the 6 Million Dollar Man didn't have going for him was being "bigger", which is obviously something the 7200.10 does have. At 750 GB it is the industry leader in size. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 09 May 2006 10:59:59; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 04 May 2006 06:10:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice review Big Bruin, thanks. I hope the impressive benchmarks for the 750Gb are applicable to it's smaller brothers too!
Bob Wya
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 14 May 2006 08:14:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey mate,

You guys at Big Bruin are being spanked on the THG Forums for not being able to count!!

For your information HD Manufacturers measure HD space in 1,000 byte units and not 2^10=1024byte units used for Memory and by the O.S.

So 750 Gbytes (HD)=750x1000x1000x1000bytes
or 750000000000bytes

So Windows/Linux, etc. will see this as:
698.5 Gbytes (less F.S. overheads)

Oh, like wow, thats roughly what you saw isn't it!!

This fact is so basic that I would have thought that it was common knowledge... Especailly amongst anyone that claims to know anything about computers!!

B. Wya
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 14 May 2006 08:30:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK, and?

Maybe people don't like the wording of the one sentence you are refering to, but the point you're making wasn't lost. I was just pointing out that it is kind of funny that you 'lose' more disk space from printed specs to reality on this drive than I actually have in some systems to use. But, whatever. Laughing
FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 14 May 2006 17:21:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bob Wya wrote:
Hey mate,
You guys at Big Bruin are being spanked on the THG Forums for not being able to count!! etc etc etc
B. Wya

So you took the time to sign up just to say that? Talk about stating the obvious, I can't wait for your first positive contribution to this forum mate... Rolling Eyes
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 14 May 2006 17:51:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

FireTech wrote:
I can't wait for your first positive contribution to this forum

Don't get carried away....I've been an (active) member here a few months and have yet to make a positive contribution Razz
FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:12:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: