Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Pcpowerandcooling VS Ryanpower2...
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melopll
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:03:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So, the 550W Ryanpower2 has no adjustable rails, correct?
Can someone confirm this?
Thank You.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:25:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I reviewed this Ryanpower 550W PSU a while back and although it is a good power supply, I wouldn't trade this OCZ for it and 30 bucks!!!

http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/ryanpower2/index.php?file=1

We at BigBruin have reviewed a TON of PSU's and I have reviewed a fair share of them.

Short of the PCP&C, I wouldn't trade the OCZ 600W supply I currently have for anything.

Oh, your question, no the ACRyan does not have internal or external adjustable rails.
melopll
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:32:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks Spire!

Well, it seems that the OCZ is very good as well.... I'll see if I can find the W600 SLI with active PFC!
I am starting to like the idea of having the potentiometers on the outside of the case Wink and looks good too!!!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:34:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
HAX... SSsshh! Not all PSUs have rail adjustment pots... Inside or out. Every review we do we crack open the housing and look for them.

every one i have had has Grin

melopll
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:44:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
Big Bruin wrote:
HAX... SSsshh! Not all PSUs have rail adjustment pots... Inside or out. Every review we do we crack open the housing and look for them.

every one i have had has Grin

Very funny.... Veeeery funny!!!! King
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:14:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's an interesting development, came home today and the machine I use to "serve" music to my network was off.

After some troubleshooting, the AC Ryan PSU that I have spoke of in this thread is dead. It makes a little mousy noise and the 3,3v rail is GONE!!!

Does that help the selection any???

(It was only running a 1 gig athlon on an old Asus A7V MB with 5 hard drives)
melopll
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:01:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hardrives don't drain current from the 3.3V rails.... Have You checked which one of the cap is gone?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:17:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have done nothing but rip it out and stick a POS 300 watt supply I use as a side by side when I do reviews. The machine fired right back up.

I did short the turn on lead and checked the rails with my Fluke meter, and the 3.3V rail registered a big fat goose egg. (although I have been drinking so I might be wrong!!!)

I'll open it up some time and see if I can find some damage.

It doesn't smell like it let the smoke out or anything like that.

You want it? I'll ship it to you with the box, cables, and everything, with no more testing, might be good, might not, but you pay only shipping.

Otherwise its going in the trash!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: