Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Jing Ting Force Chipset Cooler
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:01:12    Post Subject: Jing Ting Force Chipset Cooler Reply with quote View Single Post

With the current layout of motherboards based on the nVidia nForce4 chipset, the physical chip is usually located between, or just below, the PCI Express slots. Jing Ting has designed a new chipset cooler that takes this into account, and has implemented a heat pipe into their design which takes the bulk of the cooler's body away from the default location. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:02:07; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 02:49:27    Post Subject: Pricey! Reply with quote View Single Post

Really nice Cooler but it seems it's going to be more like US$40 as here at performance-pcs.. $10 more than an AC Freezer 64 Pro Yikes
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:20:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome FireTech! Thanks for the link!

We didn't find it ourselves, and now I feel bad for talking Hellfire down from his original assessment where he was right on the money (so to speak)... He said last week:

Quote:
I would assume a retail price of $35 - $50 would be reasonable.

And I said no way, not that high.

I lose! Laughing

(does seem high for a chipset cooler, though).
FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:23:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the reply Big Bruin. Great Review Smile
I'm not sure about calling $30-50 'reasonable' but I can appreciate the amount of work put in and production costs etc but it is the most expensive aftermarket chipset cooler I've seen (apart from the mCubed Borg nF4 at equivelant to US$70!!!).
It really looks like what I'm after for my Foxconn but I just can't justify paying the same for a chipset cooler as I did for my CPU cooler (Scythe Ninja). I'd rather wait and buy a new fully passive MB Wink
Not forgetting that no-one actually distributes them here in Oz! I can only assume that the US shop did a 'personal import' of a batch (which I considered too) as there is no official distributor there either AFAIK...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:31:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hadn't seen that Borg before today... very similar (and pricy). But, there are some others in the $30 range (Swiftech models) and even that big old Cooler Master Blue Ice isn't cheap.

As most components come down in price (DDR, CPUs, Drives, etc) coolers seem to be going up! CPU, GPU, Chipset... they are all climbing and some are definitely to the point of being ridiulous!
Roel
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 19:03:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
I hadn't seen that Borg before today... very similar (and pricy). But, there are some others in the $30 range (Swiftech models) and even that big old Cooler Master Blue Ice isn't cheap.

As most components come down in price (DDR, CPUs, Drives, etc) coolers seem to be going up! CPU, GPU, Chipset... they are all climbing and some are definitely to the point of being ridiulous!

do you recon its a good one the borg NF4 ?

and btw the Forcetake of jing ting isnt going to fit with 2 x 7900 i heard @ dfi-street.com ( with a dfi sli expert bord )

and that is just the mb i got Sad

Grt Roel
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:39:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, don't think it'll fit between the 7900's on the DFI Expert. If it did, it woudl be VERy tight, and would lose a few SATA connections...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 07:01:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Thread with pictures and measurements here at DFI-STREET.com....
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 22:20:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I see alot of posts on other forums with people looking for these still... Just thought I'd share that SideWinder has them for $39:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/fochco.html
FireTech
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 22:48:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cheers Big Bruin. I'd really like to see a version of the Thermalright HR-05 with the same heatpipe orientation as the Jing Ting. that would be a killer cooler Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: