Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Mozart HTPC Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:27:23    Post Subject: Thermaltake Mozart HTPC Case Reply with quote View Single Post

The Thermaltake Mozart case offers a simple and sophisticated styling that will help your HTPC blend in nicely with your other audio/video components. The aluminum face includes the items you require for convenient operation, but the design does fairly well to disguise that this is a computer. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:41:25; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:39:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Computer Power User Magazine review of the day for today!

Not sure how they pick, but we have been in that spot a few times lately... Grin
johnmacd
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:27:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice review. But I didnt see where you indicated how the optical drive works when the door is closed. I see that you mount the door with double sided tape. But does it function well?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:30:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi johnmacd - welcome!

Hmmm... Guess I described it, but didn't really show it. I'll take some pictures later.

It does work fine... Just kinda hokey, in my opinion. You tape that big H to the front of your drive, and thats about it. Goes through the slot just fine, but since there are now no exposed buttons you have to rely on software ejects.
johnmacd
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:47:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks I would really appreciate the pictures. Software eject? Hmmm, I'm wondering how the WAF will work with that. Would you mind describing how you do that? This will house my BTV link in the den. I have been testing a machine for a little while now in an old 'ugly' box and I am seriously considing this case to replace the 'ugly' box. Right now it is all controlled via a Firefly remote. I wonder if I could map one of the buttons to do the software eject using Girder. I probably could. How are you doing that?

Thanks
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:45:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I am using WinXP, and its just a matter of right clicking the drive letter in Explorer and selecting "eject". I also an ATI Remote Wonder (included with the HDTV Wonder) and it can be programmed to do certain tasks... I just saw that you can make a button eject a CD tray, but it didn't work! Hmmm!!

Here are the pics. It shows a closed/open situation. As you can see, the back sliver of the tray isn't fully exposed, but it doesn't hinder getting discs in or out at all. Sorry the one is kinda blurred, but the point is made.
johnmacd
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:55:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna try using girder tomorrow and see if I can map a button since this machine will not be using a monitor and will always be on Beyond TV or Beyond Media.

Thanks again!

PS, I just showed my wife your review and the pictures of the Mozart and she approves! She's kinda funny, she said she really didnt care, but when I mentioned that if she didnt care we can leave the 'ugly' tower case in the den, she said she would throw it out the window. Basically what I am getting at, is she approves and it doesnt look like a "PC" in the den and looks like any other componet in the entertainment center.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: