Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
bird Flu 419!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:55:11    Post Subject: bird Flu 419! Reply with quote View Single Post

I saw the article at MSNBC about Bird flue in Nigeria and it immediately made me wonder how long til we get spam saying something about how a rich chicken farmer in nigeria needs to move to the states and was referred to your email address by the local embassy blah blah blah... Seriously, does anyone still believe these 419 scams? The worst part is, even though it started in nigeria, it's usually based in the UK or some place so I can't legitamize my destruction of Nigeria in Civ3 and destroying England feels bad (the Civ3 avatar for england is the queen). Guess I'll have to switch sides and torpedo England.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:57:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes people still fall for it... it's greed.

And What Civ III do you have? Can you play multi-player?
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:50:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have Civ3 PTW. I can, yes, but over modem is unbearable. PBEmail is impossible. I usually play multiplayer with the wife and even over the lan, the games take a good 3-4 hours to get anywhere.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:12:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehe I have a bunch of friends that play Civ IV over the net all the time. I've never been able to get into it...think I'm always doing too many things at once LOL
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:11:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My original CivIII cd fot Fubar'd so I bought CivIII complete. Saw the muti-player option and thought it would be coooool.

But yea... it's a long a$$ game. Could be played over a few weeks (if it allows you to save). And you're wife plays?? You lucky F'er. Misty doesn't like to play games on the PC (unless you count solitaire... which I don't).
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:24:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL EC....know what you mean, my wife won't play them either...

That's why we had a kid...he's 10 now and is really getting into the games I like to play. We have a blast playing the x-box 360 together....

Although he gets mad because I give him a stomping in every game we play LOL I know that won't last forever though...eventually he'll be giving me the stomping Razz He just doesn't know that yet LOL
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:05:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, she plays. We met on IRC in 94. Can you believe that? Way back before eHarmony. If only I knew then what I know now, I could have made a big wad of cash.

She plays Eq2 as well. She likes tradeskilling. she's not in to games that include lots of blood, slaughter, gore, etc. but she likes the resource gathering and management of civ3 and it's slow enough to let her think before she commits 8 carriers, 4 destroyers and sundry other military to kill a galleon. She does, however, enjoy watchming me play other people in Halo.

Much like you, Hellfire, I have managed to stomp down on most of the multiplayer games I've played and, in one instance, my neighbour refused to play against me any more. My brother can't figure out how I can see him peek around a corner in Halo in under 3 seconds and get the head shot with the sniper gun. Loads of fun.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: