Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
picoPSU-120 12V DC-DC ATX Power Supply
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:33:16    Post Subject: picoPSU-120 12V DC-DC ATX Power Supply Reply with quote View Single Post

The picoPSU has received a good deal of attention since it was shown off at CES just a few weeks ago. Pictures of the tiny 120W unit have been featured on numerous websites, but what about the performance? Testing revealed that the "world's tiniest 12V DC-DC ATX power supply unit" is no weakling, and that it can provide ample power to keep a Mini-ITX system running reliably. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:32:45; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

rmo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:13:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Maybe I missed it, but what amperage does the external supply need to provide?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:52:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That might be something they want to add to the manual or specs somewhere, as I don't see it either. Like I said in the review, I mistakenly connected a 19V supply, not realizing the Serener case I had wasn't 12V in, and nothing worked (but nothing was apparently damaged).

The supply I am successfully using from the Morex Cubid 3688 is 12VDC, 5A, with the following complete specs:

INPUT: 100-240 VAC - 1.8A 50-60Hz
FUSE RATING: 2.5A / 250V
OUTPUT: 12-14VDC - 5.00-4.28A (12V 5A)
orcacro
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 06:40:17    Post Subject: PicoPSU mini Powersupply Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, can anybody tell me if this poweruply can also be used with the Micro-ATX ASUS A8V-VM CSM motherbord ...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:07:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It will connect and power the board... I would just analyze what other peripherals you intend to connect. A bunch of drives, fans, etc, could easily kill such a small power supply.

Try one of those online power supply calculators to see your minimum requirements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: