Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
5 weeks of time off....
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:05:55    Post Subject: 5 weeks of time off.... Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh and were having a baby too....Supposed to be a girl but you never know.

California is one of the worst places in the world to live but they do have a few good things...one of them is paid family leave. So for the next 5 weeks I will be off from work, first waiting for the baby to be born then taking care of the wife and newborn. Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:15:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Good luck... you know you're going to need it. (BTW my experince... the work doubles each kid... 1 to 2 = Double work, 2 to 3 = double work of 2)
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:19:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm so glad I cant have kids.. lol
misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:14:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Congrats.. When is the baby due? And what's her name gonna be?

Yeah.. I'm nosey.

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:16:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
I'm so glad I cant have kids.. lol

We are too Wink

Sorry Knight, couldn't resist Grin

5 weeks off to have a baby is no walk in the park if you ask me. It's obviously pretty hard on the women, but can be pretty tough on guys also. I know I was usually pretty spent after about 3 or 4 weeks of late night feedings (her job for obvious reasons) and diaper changes (my job because she had the other job). Not to mention the hormone changes in my wife and ........... well anyway lets just say there's a reason you are getting 5weeks of paid vacation mostly it's because it won't actually be a "vacation". Still it will be one of the best experiences of your life, but it's no walk in the park. At least I never thought it was and as a guy I had the easy part.

Congrats and I hope all goes well!!!!

Joshzilla

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:11:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

misty wrote:
Congrats.. When is the baby due? And what's her name gonna be?

Yeah.. I'm nosey.

Thanks everyone.

She is due on 12-14 but is already in "early labor" and I doubt she will make it through the weekend.

Her name will be Brooke if we *cough*wife*cough* doesn't change our minds again. Laughing
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:37:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

tell your wife "The yes THE HACKAX0RUS" wishes her a quick delivery... Wave
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:31:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's BS. So you got married, and so what if you're having a kid, what about all of us who aren't? Why can't we get 5 weeks off of paid leave every 10 months? I mean, conceivably (heh little pun there), you could knock up your wife that often and have 10 kids so you'd have 50 weeks off. Equal rights!!!

Congratulations on the child, Asylum. Enjoy your time off changing diapers.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:55:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, I know this will get me into trouble, but oh well Grin

When we had my son, I was offered time off for the baby. I declined it, because if I had, then I wouldn't have had an excuse for not getting up at 3AM to feed/change. LOL I know...I know...that's so bad.

Grats on the new addition.

Sorry to hear you're having girl though...you'll have to teach her how to avoid all the people like hax...
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:21:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Congrats man I think that is pretty cool you get the time off for it. Lord knows you will need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: