Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 6 Rev. 2
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:36:40    Post Subject: Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 6 Rev. 2 Reply with quote View Single Post

What would you do with a graphics card cooler that can cool more than just a graphics card? Well the answer to that is obvious. The cooler definitely outperformed the stock application and well exceeded my expectations. It is quite unfortunate that only one cooler would fit in the SLI application, but even with just one I was pleasantly surprised. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:01:58; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Steven Tarise
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:43:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

One slight mistake on this review. I've got them running in SLi on an Asus A8N-Sli, which has a larger gap between the PCIe 16 lanes giving enough room, so it varies from motherboard to motherboard. Other than that, good review. I do find the work very well, powering my XFX 6600GTs through Doom 3 and HL2 at pretty high settings and never topping 60degC.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:46:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the info... that is good to know! A few boards with 2 x16 PCIe slots (SLI or not) were checked, and all had the same distance between slots.

Got a pic? That would be really great.
Steven Tarise
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:23:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes I do. Not the best pics ever, but you can see theres plenty of room there. It also means you only have access to the bottom PCI slot. The one below the bottom 16 lane is covered slightly, and both PCIe1x slots are blocked off.

I do have a view of the whole motherboard too if you want, but I thought this was enough.
Pipoloko
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 05:20:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi to all, Wave

I have a Gforce 6600GT 128MB AGP and my doubt is if it will be possible to install that cooler on my videocard ?

Taking into account the manufacturer specifications seems to be only compatible with 6600GT PCI-EXPRESS and the only one in AGP mode is 5700 FX i think.

The holes where I have to lock the heatsink are the same as the PCI-EXPRESS model. Im adding a screenshot to let you see a more clearly view, the only that changes in respect to my card is the heatsink, my heatsink is diferent than the old one, is smaller and fully silver, I think is the new heatsink that uses XFX for the new 6600GT AGP. Another think is the heatsink of the memory, maybe it will be a problem to fit Artic cooling NV Silencer 6, but, can I remove it to install that cooler? or this will make an excessive rise in temp over the memory module?

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 23:58:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Pipoloko - welcome!

I am thinking the NV Silencer wouldn't be your best bet. That is an odd arrangement for the memory, and perhaps a more traditional cooler would be appropriate... Then maybe you could put ram chips on all of the memory.
Pipoloko
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 05:12:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Wave

Yes totally agree with you, seems to be imposible to fit this cooler on my videocard, If it was possible I can imagin pushing my card beyond his limits, anyway it's not possible Bang Head

I decided to look for a Zalman VF700-CU wich has a best fitting solution for my card, maybe it not exahust hot air outside the case, but sure that is a better cooling solution than the stock fan.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Falcon
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:31:24    Post Subject: Great work! Reply with quote View Single Post

Great review!!! and hopefully you will update the review, the info on 2 slot gaps on certain MoBos, to make it an outstanding review King btw, it seems that this review is the only decent review of AC NV silencer 6 in english - been on the search for this kind of review and the info the review provided.

If it wouldn't be for you guys, and the info provided by Steven Tarise, I would have dropped the dreams of an AC GPU cooling into my SLI system. Just have to wait for the next salary @ the end of the month and make my dream come true - a silent and cool SLI system (2*ASUS EN6600GT TOP GPUs on an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MoBo)

Thx again and happy greetings from the other side of the atlantic... Grin
/Falcon

/Falcon
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:10:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the feedback!!! Glad I could help. Thumbs Up
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:16:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Guess it's time to go pick one of these up for my new 7800gt LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: