Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Futile
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHollman82
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 02:30:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I never understood why people rake leaves. Just leave them there and let them decompose under the snow all winter and they will fertilize your yard and you will have nice thick green grass in the spring. Where do you think soil came from in the first place...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:33:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You'd have wet rotten leaves in the spring... and some sad looking grass from being smothered.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 08:51:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

bbbbbahahahahhahhahhahhahahha That's funny!

I always wait until all the leaves are off the tree before I do anything with them. Once they're all off or at least 90% of them, the lawnmower gets one last workout for the year. Nicely mulched they are all gone for the year...

Speaking of....think I have to do that this weekend...and switch around the lawn mower and the snow blower...gonna be getting really cold soon. Surprised it's almost middle of November, and we're STILL expecting highs in the 70's! ARGH!!!! Come on winter!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:32:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The leaves were over an inch deep yesterday... there is no way I could wait until the end. I couldn't use the self-propeled feature of the mower, even on the lowest speed, as it was too fast to keep from bogging down every two seconds. As it was, I would make 1-1/2 passes on the lawn and have to empty the bag... Laughing

Now the sun is up and I see that the new layer of leaves is even deeper in the back yard, maybe 2 inches consistently. I really need to do it again today, before it gets even worse.

The plan was to keep up with it every few days so it was never too difficult, but that obviously didn't happen.

We have some massive trees in our yard and they probably have a few tons of leaves to drop in my tiny little piece of property! Bang Head
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:50:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
You'd have wet rotten leaves in the spring... and some sad looking grass from being smothered.

I'm with CHollman... In the 25 years that its been my responsability to maintain the yard, I've yet to see the last fall's leaves last past April. And thats with 2-6" of ice and 1-3' of snow on them all winter til first complete melt off.

They either blow away on their own or rot down. ..even if theres a few left over, the mower makes short work of them on the first cut.

...maybe I'm just lazy or too tired to deal with yard work. lol
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:01:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sounds like you guys have some magical yards, or maybe just not enough trees. never seen that happen. maybe its the fence that keeps them from blowing away, but even the front stays covered.

I didn't rake behind the garage last year, and in the spring it was just all moldy and gross back there... peeled the leaves away and I had some nice dirt and tons of worms... no grass left.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:16:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bummer BB, that's the problem, you have TOO many trees!

I have ONE tree, and that's more than enough! hheehhe Hey, I'm a child of the city. I like the concrete jungle...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:43:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No grass ... no problem... less to mow... Grin

If I had the money, I'd cover my yard in concrete and paint it green. I hate yard work.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:51:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Astroturf!!!

jk. I used to hate raking my yard in Louisiana. 3/4 of an acre with trees all over. That sucked.

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:07:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
No grass ... no problem... less to mow... Grin

If I had the money, I'd cover my yard in concrete and paint it green. I hate yard work.

ROTFLMAO I've threatened my wife with that....next house will have a HUGE driveway just so there's less to mow...

Excuse: We will have three - four vehicle by then, and will need the space to park them without having to move three vehicles to get to one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: