Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Groups sue California over minors video game ban
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:45:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree with you there too Misty, regarding the music.

I allow my son to listen to anything I would listen to. Difference is he knows better than to use any of those words.

I'm sure that'll all change soon once he gets into those "teenage" years...

I really hate censorship!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:59:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kill'm all and let God sort'm out.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:30:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I used to be of the attitude that violent video games did not make killers out of kids, and for the most part still do. However I have seen some things that have changed my mind set on this a little. I have a friend who has a 10 yr old son. She bought him GTA San Andreas. About a month after he got the game he got in trouble in school bragging about how he was going to have sex with a girl in his class and saying if she refused he would drag her into a room and described how he would "GTA her" then went into details on how he would rape her. Dont get me wrong I am not laying the blame for this kid all on GTA it is more on bad parenting but GTA definitely did not help matters at all. To me it i just like not letting kids into R rated movies. Parents should be held responsible for how their kids behave especially when their kids bad actions start hurting or effecting other kids in a negative way.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:39:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

GTA is not a kids game, and kids shouldn't be allowed to play it. I don't let my kids watch p0rn, I don't let my kids play violent video games. Parenting is the problem.

OOO And I have no problem with the law. Makes it easier on the retailers, no moral dilemma. Under age, no buy.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:24:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There is a line that even I dont' allow my son to cross when it comes to games. GTA San Andreas is one of those that I won't allow him to play. And as EC said, he can't watch Pron.

But he was allowed to watch High Tension, Day of the Dead, Blade, etc. Difference is he knows they are movies and aren't real.

It all boils down to how the kids are raised whether they should be able to play them, with the correct parental guidance.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:01:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree with both EC and Hellfire. It is sad that so many parents just dont step up to the plate. My friend is a perfect example of this. I have told her repeatedly to take that game away from him but she is so weak minded she does not want to deal with the conflict it will cause. I tell her "well look what not taking it from him has done". My problem is the schools are full of kids just like him.
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:28:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
It all boils down to how the kids are raised whether they should be able to play them, with the correct parental guidance.

This is it exactly. Correct parental guidance.

At my Lan Parties, I have seen fathers, sons, and daughters sit down together and play shooters...and have a blast together. At the last convention, I watched a mother and daughter sit down for their first game of UT ever. They were not very good at anything...even walking. They couldn't even find each other, but they had fun. Together. All the guys that I know, with kids who play, take an active role in what they play. And I think that makes all the difference.

Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: