Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Any aircraft spotters here?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:03:23    Post Subject: Any aircraft spotters here? Reply with quote View Single Post

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:08:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hey... if they dont want people to see it, then find a better way to conceal it.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:44:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Its fun to look, but seriously, these images are years old in general.

Here are some in NJ I just found:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=fort+dix,+nj&ll=40.026957,-74.596653&spn=0.014517,0.028498&t=k&hl=en

I wanted to get Stewart Field in NY, as I have seen some cool stuff there, but Google has it all blurry.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:41:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

there is a base about an hour south of me that has some missle silos and when i am traveling thorugh i regularly see test rockets going off...
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:02:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Its fun to look, but seriously, these images are years old in general.

While I'm sure a lot of the non higher res areas are sort of out of date. I've seen quite a few areas that can't be more than 6 months old. I was able to capture my house in Florida and my moms truck which she got in November is clearly visible. I'm suprised I haven't found my truck yet when looking up Andrews on google earth.

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:46:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

google says nothing more than 3 years old, and they will continue to update on a 2-3 year schedule, plus special updates for hurricane type events.
One app that has bee suggested is to allow you to scroll through all the old photo sets of a particular location, allowing you to watch development around your house, but it may take a while to build a series for non major places. I'm sure the military has daily/every few hour pics of some spots, with much higher res then the old keyhole sats allow
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:48:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
there is a base about an hour south of me that has some missle silos and when i am traveling thorugh i regularly see test rockets going off...

And they haven't hit you yet?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:00:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
HackaX0rus wrote:

And they haven't hit you yet?

His Go-Ped is really fast now! He has two yellow stripes and a chrome tip on it! Laughing
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:42:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
His Go-Ped is really fast now! He has two yellow stripes and a chrome tip on it! Laughing

actually it seized up on me so i bought a better top end a race pipe and a few other mods should do a breakneck 35 now...wich is fast for a hardwheeld scooter...and no they havent hit me yet because with the esties model rocket motors i mounted on the back of it i can hit mach 1 and dodge them... Laughing

CHollman82
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 04:54:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you look south east of the pyramids at giza you can see two missile silos, one closed with a radiation sign on the hatch, the other open exposing the tip of a missile.

Google Earth is awesome...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: