Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Any opinions on the HP DVD640i DL DVD Burner?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:14:00    Post Subject: Any opinions on the HP DVD640i DL DVD Burner? Reply with quote View Single Post

I know HP used to have issues with overheating, but I've heard they don't have that problem anymore.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Evil_spork
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:52:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HP as a whole makes very good DVD writers. ive used MANY dvd writers and found the worst to be.. *GASP* PLEXTOR.

the best would be lite-on, NEC, and HP.(some sony are very good too. LG is no slouch either)

i would be comfortable with an HP. i personally own an NEC.

Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:34:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

<3 my sony dvd writer.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:22:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I'm replacing my Sony, had it for a few years, figured time to step up to something faster than 2x LOL

Gonna go with the Benq drive that has Lightscribe on it Smile
JimBowy

PostPosted: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:38:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I started buying LiteOn products with my first computer build, have used 15+ LiteOn products since then and all but one worked perfectly.

I broke the other one when I shook it with a CD inside of it.... something broke so I sent it back to Lite-On and they shipped me another one free of charge! =)

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:51:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I guess it is just me who has issues with Lite On drives. I have bought 3 of them and none lasted over a year for me. I know many who swear by them so must just be my bad luck.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:30:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got a 12X CDRW LiteOn in trade a couple of years ago, and it's still working perfectly as a back up drive in one of my servers.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:34:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ended up getting the Benq Lightscribe burner Smile Lightscribe might be a waste of time, but will be something fun to play with LOL

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=DW1625-DO-N&cat=DVD
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:22:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've had 2 yamaha cdrws die on me. Sad Now I use sony or any oem that's cheap. I'd love to get that benq lightscribe thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: