Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Really Creeped Out...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:26:49    Post Subject: Really Creeped Out... Reply with quote View Single Post

Hearing about resource hacker in the software area of the forum refound my interest in using the program. So i opened up aimres.dll and was surfing through files I could change to "enhance" my experience if I ever decided to not use gaim for some reason. Anyway so Im looking through the pictures, and I randomly find this hidden in the depths of it:

I have no idea why it would be there but I thought it was pretty funny.

If you guys want to see it for yourselves, go ahead and get the program. Open up aimres.dll(It's in your AIM folder, Wink)
Then surf your way to GIFDATA>111>1033

Creepy. Yikes
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

jake_johnson
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:44:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Its actualy a rather common practice for software designers. If you open up any un-modified program of by me you will find my picture. Its in a way a form of prooving if someone else is using your code. A friend of mine composes musis. He records his name and phone number in every song at a high pitched frequency that you have to run through a special filter he created to hear it. Its easy to hear if its uncompressed. Once it gets converted to MP3 tou can hear something their if run through filter but it becomes kinda garbled. But can still be made out.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:17:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I remember in Win98 you could see the microsoft complex and a list of everyone on the design team. It was pretty cool.

Easter Eggs like that are pretty common...I did something like that for a flash CD program I made for the school I used to work at.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:49:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yeah i was watchin g4 and they showed this picture on the other side of a mountain that you could see if you had your camera in a certain position and it was a designers GF...but i was watching a show on hacking and hackers will do this...they will put their name or their girl friends name in the code and they will find out who did it that way...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:29:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
i was watching a show on hacking and hackers will do this...they will put their name or their girl friends name in the code and they will find out who did it that way...

Come on now... we all know hackers don't have girlfriends! Grin
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:55:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hey russian mail order brides count Grin ... yeah i think its the stereotypical hacker image that scares them off...
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:12:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Razz I just found it funny that I was scrolling through random pictures of the aim dude, and I found these guys. Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: