Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Send Files to your cellphone without wires, for free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderingguitarist
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:37:13    Post Subject: Send Files to your cellphone without wires, for free! Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi all, my friend just pointed me towards a site that allows you to upload your own mp3s, midis, photos, and even videos to the sites server. The site then converts whatever you sent to it into a format your phone can use, after its finished, it text messages a link to your phone that you follow with your phone to download the file! I just used it to get the final fantasy 8 boss theme (awesome song :3 ) onto my phone for use as a ringtone. Its a really great site, and its free, so I figured I'd post it up here for you guys. ^ -^ Enjoy!

Note: You can either donate a dollar to the site to get texted back instantly, or you can use it for free. Its the same thing, except it takes about half an hour to get the text message with your link in it. Anyway, enjoy! ^ ^

Edit: oops! forgot to put the site up (duh! X3 )

Here it is: http://mobile17.smashsworld.com/

Ooh, edit edit: If you're a dork like me, and like videogame music, www.vgmusic.com has thousands of game midis from every system ever. If you're a dork like me and like anime music, www.ichigos.com has both anime midis, and the sheet music for all the midis, theyre both very nice sites, and worth checking out if you're into that kind of music. ^ ^
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:57:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just checked the site out, I'm impressed that they have our local (Alaska) cellphone provider listed. I'm waiting in line to see if it actually works. Looks promising, though I could have probably just used bluetooth and been done 10min ago Smile

Still it's a great idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: