Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
gas is ridiculOUs right now !
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mAnChO
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:09:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Report from a friend working at a gas station sees gas prices at or near $3 a gallon earlier then september. Try something like the end of next week. With BP and CP shutting down several units, on top of the already growing problem with Iran, and not to mention the soon to be named Hurricane on the way the money people are scared. It's seems like were all screwed. This will sure keep my driving to a minimum.
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:17:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, gonna be chatting with my boss about making a standard "work from home" day, one or two days a week.

Bought a new car today that get's a LITTLE better mileage than my old car. Went from averaging 17-20mpg to 23-25mpg. Not a big difference. But other reasons for needing a different car Grin
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:26:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I need a more efficient car... My Jeep gets around 15-18 in general, which sucks. But, it seems to be slightly better than our new Chevy TrailBlazer that pulls down 13-17... Gaahhh!!

Regular is about $2.35 around here, and those 20 gallon tanks hurt to fill up!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:56:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
I need a more efficient car... My Jeep gets around 15-18 in general, which sucks. But, it seems to be slightly better than our new Chevy TrailBlazer that pulls down 13-17... Gaahhh!!

Regular is about $2.35 around here, and those 20 gallon tanks hurt to fill up!

I know your pain... my truck get's about the same as your TrailBlazer, and I'm putting about 350 miles on it a week (about 70 miles a day back and forth to work).
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:48:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

gas is jsut gettin crazy...there was an article in national geographic about it...and there are guys who make grease combustable by heating it and putting it through a diesel engine...they egt the grease from a local chip company and it costs around 4$ a month to fill their car...
mAnChO
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:16:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ive heard about the grease car... I guess it does'nt take too much to convert a regular gas engine over to a grease engine. With some new injectors and a few odds and ends your running on grease.

I wonder though if your entire car ends of smelling like a bag of potato chips. Or french fries, Maybe this is just another ploy by the fast food joints to get us to buy there food. I mean if your constantly smelling it then you're gonna crave it sooner or later.

But $4 a month to fill the car... Count me in

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:00:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

you cant convert a gas car... you need a diesel...thats why i havent done it yet Rolling Eyes
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

wsm
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:28:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ack. my gas just spiked to 2.75.
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:49:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i wonder if the exhaust smells like reg , BQ , or french onion . potato chips Smile
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:38:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

renovation wrote:
i wonder if the exhaust smells like reg , BQ , or french onion . potato chips Smile

YES, it does. A trucking/excavation company near my house uses this.
One truck went by last night, smelled just like Dairy Queen.
I hope they pass on the fried fish oil, I was stuck behind a car on the highway with that smell, couldn't pass, and had to pull off after a few miles. (so I didn't pass out Crazy )

Last edited by T-shirt on Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:54:11; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: