Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
safety warning about compressed air !
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:50:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I love playing with the cans of compressed air. Turn them upside down and spray it on my desk, then listen to it crackle and pop Grin heheh Ok, so I'm strange, I already knew that...

This has been around for several years, just not widely known among most adults. Same kind of thing you can do with most things that are in compressed aersol cans, Whip Cream comes to mind as being a big one that was in the news long ago. Hairspray and Spray paint you can do as well.

I've been wanting to get an air compressor for my lab, but they're all too noisy, want something I can use at 3AM and not wake the wife and kid up Sad I should put a big one in the garage, and run an underground hose to outside my place, then put it through the wall, but I'm just too lazy Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:34:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, unfortunately this really is nothing new. When I was in high school, one of the guys I worked with at a restaurant was fired because they caught him doing this with whip cream in the walk-in.

Very sad none the less.

Also, as Dad said, don't use normal compressed air as you will be blowing lot's of moisture on your computer. You need to make sure to have a water trap, and to check it frequently.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:37:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the canned air stuff is wierd...it frezes things and it catches fire so you have both there in one can...hellfire you are not alone... Wink Wave
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:46:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I miss the good ol' days when all you needed was some friends, a bong and a lighter. Thumbs Up Everything now just kills you.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:43:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
I miss the good ol' days when all you needed was some friends, a bong and a lighter. Thumbs Up Everything now just kills you.

true dat

renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:45:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i own two air compressors but i buy can air for 2 reasons one is the compressors i have are a 4 gallon electric ,ands the 2nd a 8 gallon gas power double tank -2x4 g tanks - and even with water traps i still see some water come out of the back of my nail guns at times . also i have seen personally were /had to buy replacement tanks due to rusting from the inside out . so it made me wonder what kind of crap i be blowing on the computer Sad i will use the compressors and a air gun nozzle. if i get a rig with a whole crap load of dust Bunny's .but for only a normal amount i just tack on the price of a can on to the guys bill ! the other reason is some compress are just to strong and you may do more harm then good to a unit like in a power supply or a fan and weaken a bearing in it . good for extra work but not right . also you may force dust in were it wasnt before ! Sad

Last edited by renovation on Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:57:08; edited 1 time in total
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:50:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm taking the side of the forum @$$hole... ...I dont feel sorry for someone else's stupidity.

Natural Selection... without it, this would would be over run with idiots.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:13:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Im with ^^^^

Whenever I was trying new stuff, I always did my research first, most of the time the research alone would make me not...
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:42:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have to agree as well if people die because of their own stupidity they deserve it

My buddy Dylan used to take a can of compressed air, turn it upsidedown and then would spray me on the arm because it would freeze and kinda stings

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:18:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ya i have done that...but whats even cooler is when you light taht frozen stuff on fire... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: