Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Enlight 420 Watt Dual Fan Power Supply
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 09 May 2003 09:11:37    Post Subject: Enlight 420 Watt Dual Fan Power Supply Reply with quote View Single Post

Check out the BigBruin.Com review: **Here**

And share your comments / questions in this thread...

Grin

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:34:45; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

rei_iii
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:11:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Thermaltake 420W, Enlight 420W, and Chieftec 420W power supplies are manufactured by HighPower Corp.

They all have HPC-420 Lables. HighPower also sells their own HPC420W power supplies.

So they all perform similiarly.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:54:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi rei_iii - welcome aboard!

It seems alot of power supply brands share manufacturers... I recently had the PC Toys 470 Watt unit, and learned it was the same as the Vantec 470... From my experience with the PC Toys unit I can safely say I wouldn't recommend either!! Weak voltage lines on the same system that I tested the Enlight on!! Very weak!!
rei_iii
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:26:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks.

Also, the fan connector on the Enlight 420W is meant to connect to your motherboard so that you can monitor the rpm of the fan (don't whether its the back fan or the inside fan). The fan conntor does not draw any power.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:36:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

rei_iii wrote:
Thanks.

Also, the fan connector on the Enlight 420W is meant to connect to your motherboard so that you can monitor the rpm of the fan (don't whether its the back fan or the inside fan). The fan conntor does not draw any power.

OK... so it does speed sensing only, and no power? It had two wires so I assumed it was for power only... I guess it makes sense now that I know it works even when disconnected, but they could have run just one wire and it would have been obvious it was only a speed sensing lead. I do like this idea better than the Enermax I had where the one fan was powered and controlled by the 3 pin lead... Seemed stupid that you had to go outside the psu to power a fan inside it... Bang Head

Thanks!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 13 May 2003 01:07:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Who can read Spanish? What are they saying about my review in this thread...

http://www.forumpcs.com.br/viewtopic.php?t=16283&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=210

This is the quote:

achei um review com uma versao OEM da mesma fonte thermaltake 420w. http://www.bigbruin.com/html/enlight_420w_power_supply_revi.htm

só comprova a qualidade da mesma.

a questao do preço no brasil, nao custa dizer, é proporcional ao peso (cerca de 3 kg).
Oh Buh
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:46:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hate that...two wires...what the funk! Ohhhhh buhhhhh

So Rei are you sexy? Razz
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

bk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:28:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Big Bruin. Know this is a long time since you asked (but I only read this review today when I was trying to find out about Enlight's PSUs) but the text translated from portugeuse on altavista to:

I found one review with one versao OEM of the same source thermaltake 420w. http://www.bigbruin.com/html/enlight_420w_power_supply_revi.htm it only proves the quality of the same one. questao of the price in Brazil, nao cost to say, is proportional to the weight (about 3 kg).

In case you were still curious.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:13:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks bk!! I just get nervous when I think people are talking about me and I don't know what they're syaing... Laughing

Welcome aboard!! Cool

Heres a new one on the same review... Anyone know what is going on in here:

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/18194925#18194925
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: