Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 500GB SATA-II Hard Drive
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:51:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are you ranting in general or at this review in particular? Hopefully the review didn't 'pump' the theoretical too much, as I ran a few benchmarks in SATA150 and SATA300 modes with both NCQ enabled and disabled to show what the true performance could be expected to offer.

The burst speed was impressive, but it was presented right there with the average speeds and other results which were much closer to what the other drives did.

Confused
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Ysean
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:34:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, just ranting in general. Smile I commented because of the mention of the 3Gb/s bandwidth of the SATA-II bus as if it were a big deal. I could have misread it. It wouldn't be the first time and not likely to be the last. I just wish I came across more serial implementations as was originally envisioned with for the standard. I guess I'm as much (if not more) annoyed with hardware companies wasting money/time developing technology/standards which aren't even needed or have no real benefit. I'm having one of my corporate & PR bitterness days! haha. I've been dealing with servers for so long that I've almost forgotten what desktop people really get excited about. And with that I'm done as I've been up way too long today and am jumping from topic to topic.

Sorry, I wasn't attacking your review really. It was just a general gripe.

Big Bruin wrote:
Are you ranting in general or at this review in particular? Hopefully the review didn't 'pump' the theoretical too much, as I ran a few benchmarks in SATA150 and SATA300 modes with both NCQ enabled and disabled to show what the true performance could be expected to offer.

The burst speed was impressive, but it was presented right there with the average speeds and other results which were much closer to what the other drives did.

Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: