Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Wireless Connections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:34:24    Post Subject: Wireless Connections Reply with quote View Single Post

Is there an easy way to see the wireless connections to my router?

I know I can go into the admin tool and see them there, but want an easier visual way to tell somebody is connected.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:05:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There isn't an eaiser way. There are other ways, that involve packet captures, and the likes. But not an easier way.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:58:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Darn, wanted to know when my son turns on his computer. So when he turns it on in the middle of the night, I can beat his @ss for it Grin

Oh well, I'll just pull his HD, just love having a removable HD bay in there Smile
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:32:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What OS do you have? And what router?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:04:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WIndows XP Pro, and WIndows XP 64. Or I could load up Longhorn if I needed to Razz

Router is D-Link DI-624
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:29:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I have a few ways you can do thing.... depending on what you want to do. Grin

Do you want to stop him, or catch him (and therefor bust his @ss)?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:33:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just catch him. Unless there's an easy way to turn it off. Say I have to enable it for him to connect.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:17:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There are a couple of ways depending on how you want to do it.

You can enable logging on his computer to show when he logs on, then check the log and you will see. Just make his account a Power User, not an admin and he can do most things, but not edit his access.

If you want to stop him, you can limit his logon times.

1. Click on the Start Menu
2. Click Run
3. Type CMD, click OK
4. In the command window type:
net user accountname /times:M-F,8am-10pm;Sa,8am-11pm;Su,8am-10pm

Again, make sure he doesn't have an Admin account. If he's playing games on the PC and it needs Admin access you can log in as him, right click on the EXE file for the game, choose RUN AS and then you can select a user with admin rights (I'd suggest making an account named "GAMES" and giving it admin rights, and a password only you know.)
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:51:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll try that log-on method.

No worries, nobody has admin rights to the computers in my house but me. I even locked down my wifes because of the @#*$&)@#(* she was installing!

Not to mention she likes to delete things she has no idea wtf it is...hollered at me few months back that her video was wierd was all pixelated. Looked at it, and her video driver was uninstalled. "oh I didn't know I needed it so deleted things I didn't recognize to free up drive space." Um..you have a 250gb drive, and only using 25gb of it! LOL ARGH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: