Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Star Wars Battlefront.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Eclipse
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:15:01    Post Subject: Star Wars Battlefront. Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah so part of me still gets a kick out of playing the latest Star Wars game. Anyone tried the new Battlefront? Its fun to play on LAN with my brother but other than that i feel it lacks. It was an attempt at a Battlefield version of star wars but is missing some cool stuff like picking up different weapons and stuff. I actually grabbed Star Wars Jedi knight academy and have been dualing online the last few nights. Anyone else got any opinions of this game?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

aloishis89
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 21:13:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I've played them before. I wish they would have made the campaign better in Battlefront because it was really short. and yes, they defiantly should have made it possible to pick up weapons. I rented Jedi Academy one time, but I don't really remember it that well. I think the best star wars game is KOTOR. Haven't gotten around to playing the second one yet.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:16:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have played both games single player and multi player (LAN). Like both of them a lot! Have you tried the new Star Wars Game? Republic Commander, I think...
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 02:02:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have battlefrnd, repub commando, and jedi academy...i hated battlefront cause it moves to slowly i was a big battlefield vietnam person and battlfront handled like a cheap knockoff...as fro acadey it was awesone, and republic commando i liked more than halo.
oldsage
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:32:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You asked for people's opinions on Star Wars Battlefront, but so far I didn't see anyone say anything about the campaign in it. Since I was mainly into campaign play in the game, here is my thoughts:

To me, after the first so many levels, the game becomes totally and completely invincible at the hard difficulty level. I spent over 15 hours just trying to solve one mission in hard difficulty level. The same levels played in medium difficulty, I can finish in like a few minutes.

The software developer really screwed over the difficulty design in the game. And one of the things I like about games like that, are enjoyable campaigns. The multiplayer is fun, but I also like to be able to have a challenging campaign, and there was absolutely nothing that fit that in the game. There was either "too easy" or invincible. Nothing in between.

So I would never buy the game for single player. The multiplayer is fun, but I'm on 56k at the moment, so I really couldn't do much with it. Thats the reason I was mainly interested in the single player part of the game, and that turned out to be a disappointment.
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:06:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

your right about the complete gap between easy and hard, but i liked the game even though there was a few things they could have fixed, could be just becuase im a starwars fan.

With the way the game is set up i think it might make it unfair to be able to pick up new weapons, you would have people with jetpacks and rocket launches or repairers with emp launchers.

The jedi heros special ability sucks because you can get continually slaughtered by an invincible unit.

Overall it was a decent game, but it could have been better, online/lan play is fun and the custom maps for the computer version can be cool, single player gets kinda repetative
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:35:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol BL was the one i got the game from...as i said before its fun but not as good as battlefield vietnam.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:52:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

unfortunately you are correct
killer crap
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:51:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

personally ive never touched that game but ive herd many good thigns about it so it wont hurt to try it out Smile
wargeneral37
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:45:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I heard it is good 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: