Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Chip and RAM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:17:15    Post Subject: Chip and RAM Reply with quote View Single Post

Building a system for myself and am almost done all I need it RAM and a chip. I am looking for a Pentium 4 Socket 478 between 2 and 3 MhZ and some 184 pin pc 3200 DDR memory from 512 MB to 1 gig. If anyone knows of any great deals or has any of these things please let me know. Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:13:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If your not looking to overclock, then check out these RAM chips

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80098-21
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:36:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yes value ram is very nice...even if you are ocing you could do those jsut dotn expect more than 212 or 220mhz...
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:03:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thanks guys
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:21:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

bigbruin.pricegrabber.com is udeful for shopping for all kinds of stuff, including CPUs and memory.

What kind of work would you be doing with this system? If the budget is the key, in addition to value ram, maybe a value CPU? The value chip I was thinking of, is actually like one I am using in my HTPC... the Celeron D.

$70's for 2.4GHz - http://www.bigbruin.com/pricegrab.php?file=8592395

Up to just over $100 for over 3.0 GHz - http://www.bigbruin.com/pricegrab.php?file=6939381
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:06:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually budget is key. It's just a system that I want to play with Linux and things on and I want it to smoke pretty well but only as much as I can get for as little money as possiable because I'm a titch broke lol. Where is this price grabber at? Those links you posted look pretty good actually.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:38:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the link at the beginning of my last post takes you to the main page of the PriceGrabber directory... Should say "useful" though... although it may be udeful, I don't know.

The Celeron D I use is the 2.66 GHz version, and it is pretty nice. Low heat, decent speed and performance, and it overclocks to 3.2 GHz (so far).
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: