Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
any one know if this is legal or not ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:04:00    Post Subject: any one know if this is legal or not ? Reply with quote View Single Post

2005 Digital Cable Filters

We're Proud to be able to offer you this 2005 Pay-Per-View digital cable filter at a wonderful price. Yes, it's finally here, the 54 mhz Digital Cable Filter has the latest pass-through technology video bypass chip. At this time, it's the only digital cable filter on the market today that you can get with the new lockup buster technology!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy Install and Complete Instructions included!

New Lockup Buster technology
Pay-Per-View channels
Adult channels
On Demand channels
Special order sport channels
Special events
was $99.99 ea
Now as low as $33

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:29:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No it's illegal. Well it's illegal if:

1) You are getting channels you don't pay for
2) You get Pay-Per-View events you do not pay for

If you pay for everything, then it's legal.... but why would you need it then?
jake_johnson
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:59:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Its illegal if you get caught. thats if.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:33:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

here's the thing they dont tell you about...

1. your digital cable box stores the log of which movies you "purchased".

2. when your machine doesn't respond when polled for the order log,
a. they either bill you a set fee.
b. they send out a tech to see why it isn't polling. when he comes out, he will either notice your high pass filter and call police, or if you removed it-it will poll when he calls into office to hit it.

3. when you turn in your digital box, the cable company reads the log to see what you ordered and match it up with what your were billed. If they dont match, you get billed the difference and/or have charges of cable theft levied against you.

4. and, it is illegal to tamper if communcation services of any frequency. That includes the return band (5mhz-50mhz) which that filter traps out. So even if you dont order any pay-per-view movies, just sticking that in the line puts you in line for a $50000 fine and a few years in prison... ...and thats just the Federal penalties. Then you have to tack on state level Theft of Service charges too.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:40:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

and to top it off..

those filters are available to CATV companies for only $1.50 a piece. We use them to knock out the noise on noncable internet lines from coming back into the system and killing the internet due to a low signal-to-noise ratio.
Dreggs
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:26:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Better to share a full sub to Dave (Direct TV) with little, or no chance of getting caught.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:04:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing I knew Knight would show up and give you the what for's and the why nots. Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:08:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

jake_johnson wrote:
Its illegal if you get caught. thats if.

hes right just listen to him... if you fear getting caught, dont lol... if you pirate music and such go for it hehehe

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:13:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lool...i know some company makes a pc card that can decrypt cable signals... Wave ...have you seen those comercials you got to jail and get raped if you steal cable...dont do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: